Latest AMD drivers

Artem_Zmitrovich said in Latest AMD drivers:

gord0 Am I the only one who has the problems with Crimson Live drivers? I can’t overclock my R9 390X with any utility except overdrive. When I apply new settings in TRIXX v5 it does nothing, in v6 my display is flickering.

I don’t bother overclocking so I wouldn’t know. When I get to the point where I’d like to overclock, I buy a new card.

1 Like

gord0 I’m happy with my R9 390X, just need some extra for The Wither 3. Wattman works fine, but there is no custom profiles for fans, so I use TRIXX for that.

1 Like

Installed this morning.

Installed last night, and I love my RX 470 8gb Gaming X… if anything ill upgrade to a 480 8gb at some point… maybe soon will see lol. Anyhow I can never figure out how to use WattMan I use Afterburner but cant seem to get my Gaming X to overclock and stay stable everytime I think I have it something goes wrong.

Gorkie said in Latest AMD drivers:

Installed last night, and I love my RX 470 8gb Gaming X… if anything ill upgrade to a 480 8gb at some point… maybe soon will see lol. Anyhow I can never figure out how to use WattMan I use Afterburner but cant seem to get my Gaming X to overclock and stay stable everytime I think I have it something goes wrong.

Probably not worth going from a 470 to a 480, I’d wait for the 5xx to come out.

3 Likes

teh_g ^agreed^. RX 480 upgrade/re-release incoming.

Sgt_T8ie said in Latest AMD drivers:

teh_g ^agreed^. RX 480 upgrade/re-release incoming.

Wonder why there hasn’t been a 490/490x…

gord0 I guess because Vega is the next release & was expected to move into the RX 490 tier. So the refining of the 480 -> the 580 & the 470 -> 570 would make the AMD range look strange & cause the internet to loose it’s marbles if the hierarchy became 570, 580, 490. So better to skip the 490 & release it as a 590. Just my guess.

I thought there was talk of a dual RX480 to be released as the 485 or 495 or something, but I guess that didn’t happen.

1 Like

And your ME Andromeda drivers are here! ^

gord0 said in Latest AMD drivers:

And your ME Andromeda drivers are here! ^

Go go AMD drivers!

ME Andromeda Crossfire profile added and texture flicker fix ^

Note you may still need to add the following command line in origin: -RenderDevice.AmdCrossfireEnable 1

1 Like

Another new one, a mixture of different features and fixes! ^

3 Likes

Compatibility for Windows10 Creator’s Updates, a BF1 fix, and other stuff listed in release notes ^

New official drivers out, nothing new but compatibility for the RX 5xx series and possibly more compatibility with the Windows Creator updates. See release notes for known issues ^

my Radeon Settings still shows version 17.4.2 so they probably just rushed in the 5xx support and did nothing else, including remembering to up the version number in the build.

2 Likes

New drivers! This one has Warhammer 40k Dawn of War performance improvements and fixes for BF1 and ME Andromeda. Bunch of other random things too, see release notes ^

gord0 Does it fix my bank account? it’s leaking

1 Like

Katsuo said in Latest AMD drivers:

gord0 Does it fix my bank account? it’s leaking

Maybe… lol. I only skimmed over the release notes long enough to find out if it has improvements for the game I’m playing, the engine it runs on, or the operating system version I have…so ‘no’ being the answer to all of that, I didn’t download it.

1 Like

The Prey drivers are here! Also fixes for Forza Horizon 3 and Civ VI. Some other rando fixes too. See release notes ^

1 Like

All drivers after 16.*** versions are bugged for my 390X. Crashes while watching videos, can’t overclock. No problems with 16.*** but with all 17.***