Latest AMD drivers

Maybe @teh_g will take over out of love

Iā€™ll take over after AMD releases a high end GPU and not a joke >:)

2 Likes

Haha Feb 7?

1 Like

Releases later today can not wait to see the new features :smiley:

Meh. Force vsync probably still doesnā€™t work lol.

And the drivers are inā€¦ so far the UI is interesting!

I never really got the extras they throw in display drivers. Sometimes itā€™s ā€œneatā€ or novel, but thereā€™s usually other ways/programs that do it better. I just want the drivers to work in the background. I remember years and years back one of them tried to do their own GameSpy, or maybe it was actually GameSpy. Was always an extra click to not install the feature. Kinda getting those vibes again. Yes I like the power user settings that actually relate to the drivers (VSR or whatever), but I only want them when I need them. I donā€™t need a reason to be staring at the Radeon Settings program every single day. In fact, the less I open them means they and my games are running fine. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah, pretty much fuck this and fuck nvidia experience.

I like the new stuff. I think it is cool having some extra gaming metrics. They are also tracking performance metrics and offering suggestions for changes.

I finally turned on the replay stuff too since I have so much extra memory.

1 Like

With the new drivers I was able to get 2010/900 at 1121v and gained around 300 or so in firestrike score.

1 Like

There always has been and always will always be a "litany " of bugs with and drivers/apps. Nvidia release notes are rarely more than 2 bullet points and rarely contain bug fixes.

AMD needs to send over some of their Ryzen people over to the Radeon department to make them desirable again.

Just because release notes donā€™t have something doesnā€™t mean there arenā€™t bugs or bug fixes. Release notes are rarely inclusive of everything.

The entire time Iā€™ve had nvidia cards, Iā€™ve had zero issues. Heard about zero issues. 1080ti on current rig. Had that roughly over a year. 2070 laptop (about 6 months), 980m on old laptop (4 or 5 years). AMD ALWAYS has jank. I tried to be a fanboi for so long and then I couldnā€™t take it anymore. Such a bad taste.

Nvidia update faster but they always had 1-2 game breaking drivers every year which caused severe performance issues, infinite windows boots etc. Always use one version older :smiley:

They are all shit. Use consoles. If you have to work on PC. Kill your boss and use his PC for work.