Mass Effect Andromeda (Origin Access)

My MEA:
Wont try it with Access, just another 7 days to wait, no big problem, I need to finish Blood and Wine :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve spent the past few hours playing and so far so good. A lot of the “Early” reviews are not too positive about the game, but overall I’m digging it. Also on my System I used the “High” preset, dropped AA to FXAA (WIll likely turn back up because jaggies) turned shadows to medium, and used SSAO instead of HBAO and my FPS are solid 55-60, except in cutscenes for some reason.

To answer your question, I don’t like the game at all (watched the stream for few hours). But then again, maybe the ones who played the game were insanely bad and made the game look like crap orrrrrrrr Andromeda lost the Mass Effect-ish feel completely. Well, nothing else to do but to wait. Maybe the game will be great after all. I really want it to be great! \o/

teh_g said in Mass Effect Andromeda (Origin Access):

It is weird that reviews are locked until next week, but people can play it…

Maybe it starts to suck after 10 hours XD

1 Like

Just tried and can’t seem to get it. :frowning:

Sir_diealot Get it? As in “I didn’t like the game” get it or “I need a 1080Ti more than the game” get it? XD

Katsuo As in I could not find the free download.

Sir_diealot It isn’t free. You need to pay for Origin Access in order to download the Mass Effect trial.

1 Like

Katsuo said in Mass Effect Andromeda (Origin Access):

Sir_diealot It isn’t free. You need to pay for Origin Access in order to download the Mass Effect trial.

Oh okay, guess I misunderstood.

Pre-downloading now…pff, only 45MB/sec, the servers are busy :smiley: I hope it will finish till March 23 :smiley:

5 hours until unlocking the game. Want to try it myself. I dont believe every angry rant on the internet, i will judge it.

ButtStallion You would be ranting as well if you got a unfinished product that you paid $60 for. And I’m not talking about games, I’m talking about anything that costs money in general. Let us know if you like the game or not \o/

So my opinion so far after 7 hours with ME:Andromeda

Very subjective. Lots of people just like to join the hate campaign. Most of the problems are not that awful and can be easily fixed. I am still positive the game was published early because of EA and not Bioware. SOME faces are horrible, most of them are okay, the major characters faces good. Just stay with the default Ryder, because customisation can produce wierd effects. Good starting, great exploration stuff, epic fights. Crafting weapons, armors, establishing settlements, exploring antent ruins, battling with wild life. If you count that you can finish an avarage CoD game twice under 7 hours and I only finished my first main mission after the tutorial in MEA, already worth the 60 euro. Definiately not like Shepard’s ME. I like this feeling, did not regret buying it. Haters gonna hate, everybody has an opinion, this is mine.

ButtStallion said in Mass Effect Andromeda (Origin Access):

So my opinion so far after 7 hours with ME:Andromeda

Very subjective… SOME faces are horrible, most of them are okay, the major characters faces good. Just stay with the default Ryder, because customisation can produce wierd effects…

The entire point of an RPG is to customize to what you want and what will best immerse you in a game. The character creator is not only
Limited in scope but breaks things even more. The animations are not an easy fix, not in the slightest. They used an algorithm to generate many/majority of them. Something was apparently wrong with the code they used. The only way to fix them requires hundreds of hours of manual code work. I doubt they will ever be fixed. It is yet another game released to early to get the money grab and then maybe just maybe it will be what it’s supposed to after patches. Ever since EA took over, Bioware is a shell of it’s former self. I wanted this game so bad. I literally just completed a full trilogy insanity play through to get me pumped for this. I have been talking about it with my wife, who also was looking forward to it, and then the paid beta testing came out. I still want it because, well, it’s Mass Effect but i refuse to reward incomplete work.

So even former Bioware dev said the animations in Andromeda are crap. But he said it in a nice way. Apparently the current Bioware team had no experienced designers and they just slapped in the game whatever. Which makes stuff even worse. They literally refused to work more on the game just so they can grab as much cash as they can. Witcher 3 was delayed twice just so they can polish the game even more. And look what has become of it. It’s probably one of the best games made in the past 10 years. Same goes with Uncharted games and even Final Fantasy. So if they all can make a game with animations that are roughly said, amazing, why couldn’t Bioware make it too? They had $40 million to spend on the game, they had all the time of the world. Short answer. Laziness. And a lot of people is supporting that laziness.

Patch 1.05 will begin to roll out on Thursday, April 6th.

1 Like

ButtStallion NOW is the time to buy the game XD

1 Like