Middle-earth: Shadow of War - Official Announcement Trailer

ButtStallion I like how they didn’t change much. Don’t fix what’s not broken \o/

1 Like

This comment in the YouTube comment section for the gameplay walkthrough:
0_1489027134755_SoW comment.JPG

I am now giving up on humanity… I’ll be in my bunker awaiting the commencement of the future foretold in Idiocracy.

Looks amazing and also reminds me how poor my progress was in the last one… Didn’t make it very far as they didn’t allow me to go pew pew pew with guns :confused:

Shame i’m such an FPS noob sometimes.

LetsGetIt1220 said in Middle-earth: Shadow of War - Official Announcement Trailer:

Looks amazing and also reminds me how poor my progress was in the last one… Didn’t make it very far as they didn’t allow me to go pew pew pew with guns :confused:

Shame i’m such an FPS noob sometimes.

It is such a great game. I loved it.

1 Like

" Middle-earth: Shadow of War is being delayed for release until 10 October 2017."

1 Like

buttstallion Wait what…why microtransactions?

1 Like

katsuo because money?

katsuo In a singleplayer game? Why not? :smiley:

How about making an expansion or something and get money that way?

katsuo not as lucrative, but I’m sure they’ll do that too!

katsuo don’t worry, they’ll do that too. WBGames have decided that this game needs triple threat level of AAA price, paid DLC & Microtransactions.

buttstallion Pretty pissed off by this decision.

My thoughts -

• to incorporate microtransactions the game balance has to change to make them worthwhile at best, essential at worst.

• if everything is purchasable using in game money, this means they have placed a free-to-play progression bottleneck into a full priced game. So your progression is limited by your ability to unlock chests & what they contain.

• A loot chest system that relies on RNG is shitty. It means you need to possibly unlock multiple chests inorder to get the object you require… pretty obvious the higher tier (real money) chests will drop said objects at a higher frequency.

This could’ve been a great game , but greed has placed a mechanic into the game that doesn’t benefit the player in any tangible way. For me this dropped the game to the point where I will be buying it at some stage when it’s at a huge cut price.