Moving computer to another country

I am moving from UK to Greece in a week and I am taking my desktop with me (apart from the case). All the stuff are to be move in a cardboard box with a moving company. I will put all the parts in their boxes and wrap them in bubble wrap and around them I will have a couple of jackets as well. Is it safe enough? I was thinking of taking the HDD with me on the plane between my clothes (in my luggage of course) and have it in bubble wrap as well. Any suggestions?

bluevayero I wouldn’t take the HDD on the plan personally. Bubble wrap the crap out of it and let the movers take it.

bluevayero Depends if you are flying or do you take another transport for the PC?! Definetly take of the CPU Cooler.

I’d ship it all, no need to bother with loose PC parts and plane security. Just make sure you do a layer of protection in the box before you put stuff in. Clothes and bubble wrap should be plenty fine if you fill the box and nothing is moving around. Good luck with the move!

MeFFFlenn the computer is in pieces and everything is in the original box.

If I take the HDD it will be in the luggage th goes in the belly of the plane. Not the held luggage

I agree with Ben, don’t take it on the plane with you. A. it may not be allowed as it could be fashioned into a weapon. B. They inspect your bags and what happens if they drop it? and finally letter C. Regardless of what they claim those guys are noted thieves.

bluevayero said in Moving computer to another country:

MeFFFlenn the computer is in pieces and everything is in the original box.

If I take the HDD it will be in the luggage th goes in the belly of the plane. Not the held luggage

Oh NO NO NO NO NO NO NO They steal stuff more than the inspectors do down in the loading area.

If that does not convince you then this should.

1 Like

Sir_diealot bubble wrapping and into the box then!

1 Like

bluevayero I truly hope so for your sake. I am coming from the aspect that I am disabled and things are so hard for me to come by, I don’t want some stranger to fuck something up that I worked so hard to save for.

1 Like

Somehow i managed to put almost an entire computer (no case), an office chair, a grill (can’t find a Foreman’s back home), a few books, a lamp (really liked it!) and a teapot (my gf liked it!) in a box.It turned out a bit more heavy than i thought it would…at least i have a full roll of tape to secure it! (Just like Eva Mendes said in her sex-tape). Thanx for the advice!

1 Like

bluevayero

You’re quite welcome.

bluevayero I advice against the luggage, because the HDD can and will get damaged by the scanners… hint big magnets + radiation :wink: