My laptop is cursed

That’s a Clevo P670SG as far as i can tell :slight_smile:

gord0 Once you have removed the old screen from the clevo p670sg laptop, you will be able to identify the screen model number. The model number is usually the boldest or largest text on the main sticker. So once you get the old screen out you can find out which one you need. As the replacement could be one of several from what I am finding.

Only0neKnight said in My laptop is cursed:

gord0 Once you have removed the old screen from the clevo p670sg laptop, you will be able to identify the screen model number. The model number is usually the boldest or largest text on the main sticker. So once you get the old screen out you can find out which one you need. As the replacement could be one of several from what I am finding.

Yes, do yourself a facour, take the screen out (It’s very easy in 99% of cases) then you can find the actual LCD model and get one cheaper than if you search the laptop model etc.

Only0neKnight said in My laptop is cursed:

Ahh, crud. I just wanted to order a screen and then take it to the repair shop for installation. I don’t like doing mods/repairs to laptops or mobile. Everything is so small my hands shake.

gord0 Laptop screens are generally quite easy, 4-8 screws on the outside take the plastics off, 2-3 screws on each side that screw the lcd into the brackets and then one big plug on the screen… Can be done in 5-10min no problemo.

Looks fine to me. What’s the problem?

1 Like

Katsuo said in My laptop is cursed:

Looks fine to me. What’s the problem?

Lol well I have 1080×(1/3)p … none of my software supports it lol

1 Like

LetsGetIt1220 said in My laptop is cursed:

gord0 Laptop screens are generally quite easy, 4-8 screws on the outside take the plastics off, 2-3 screws on each side that screw the lcd into the brackets and then one big plug on the screen… Can be done in 5-10min no problemo.

If I don’t need to get anywhere near the mobo and such, I may give it a try. Would device manager show the numbers?

gord0 I think you should turn it off and on. That usually does the trick. Or put it in rice and leave it over night. An Asian dude will eventually come and fix it with no sweat.

1 Like

gord0 You’ll really want to take the LCD out as even when the same size, they can have different ones for the same model.

And no, nowhere near the motherboard or anything, it really just is a matter of some screws and the one connector on the bag of the screen in most cases. I’ve done hundreds of them all different makes and they’re all very similar.,

LetsGetIt1220 said in My laptop is cursed:

gord0 You’ll really want to take the LCD out as even when the same size, they can have different ones for the same model.

And no, nowhere near the motherboard or anything, it really just is a matter of some screws and the one connector on the bag of the screen in most cases. I’ve done hundreds of them all different makes and they’re all very similar.,

Will check after work. I just hope my case is a sensible one that allows for screen replacement without take everything apart.

gord0 Should just be a couple of screws to take the bezel off in most cases, then a couple more screws to release the screen from the mount, and a giant push on plug you just wanna be not real physical with, like Ben said, its relatively easy and can be done in under 15 minutes for change out.

1 Like

Tonight I’m just zipping up files to move over to my other laptop for the period in which I’ll be waiting for the new screen. I’ll actually open it up tomorrow to find out which specific screen I need to order.

gord0 You are hardcore. Take some cool pictures of the replacement process!

1 Like

Hopefully the “everything comes in 3s” thing is true. Less than a year ago I was watching youtube and fell asleep. The monitor did not goto sleep for some reason and burned the suggested videos you see after a video ends into the monitor and everything was a tinge of purple. RMA’d it and it took almost two months and $100 in shipping. A few months back I dropped my s7 and cracked the screen. $400 replacement because you can’t replace the glass without destroying the display, so had to order another display…and now the 3rd screen problem lol

I’ve actually put this off multiple days… this is one of the hinges. Am I correct in assuming that little rubber square is hiding the screws?

Well in addition to resurrecting this thread, my lazy ass finally got around to sorting this all out.

To answer my own question, yes the screws were under those rubber squares.

As you guys mentioned, after those two screws the plastic border thing just snapped off. Four more screws later and the screen came off. Part number on the sticker led me right to ebay. Ordered a new one. Just gota wait for it to arrive now.

If anyone was wondering, I never actually made my other laptop my main, I just plugged this one into my tv. That made it usable and allowed me to procrastinate all this time.

Anyway, thanks for the info!

4 Likes

And it has arrived and is installed! What’s funny is that it now seems weird to have a screen on the laptop lol. I had gotten used to the tv being the monitor.

1 Like

gord0 Sell it and buy a 500 inch TV and replace it with your current “monitor” :grin:

1 Like

Looks like my first smart phone after 2 days of use.