My little GamingExodus christmas event - round 3

I think it is about time to start round 3, so let’s do it.

And here is how it works:

Are there any requirements I have to meet before I can join?
Yes there are some requirements …

• You need an account which is registered at least a week before this giveaway starts (If you haven’t created an account yet you can do it today and join next week)
  • You need a neutral / positive reputation
  • You need at least 3 real posts, posts in other giveaways doesn’t count

How can I join?

• It’s only about a week till Christmas so to join the third round of this giveaway, share with us the food you will prepare for your Christmas party this year, or if you are one of the lucky ones who doesn’t have to prepare anything, tell us what you think you might get prepared or what your dream dish would be for Christmas.

How long will I be able to join the first round of the giveaway?

• The third round of the giveaway will run a little bit shorter than the previous rounds … it will start today and end next Friday (23.12.2016)

What can you win?
For today the winner can choose one of the following games:

• Battlefield 1 (Origin)
  • Titanfall 2 (Origin)
  • Fifa 17 (Origin)
  • Watchdogs 2 (Uplay)
  • The Division (Uplay)
  • Steep (Uplay)
  • The Dwarves (Steam)
  • Farming Simulator 2017 (Steam)
  • Civilization VI (Steam)
  • Overwatch (BattleNet)
  • Diablo 3 Battlechest (Diablo 3 + Diablo 3 Reaper of Souls) (BattleNet)
  • StarCraft 2: The Complete Trilogy (StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty + StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm + StarCraft 2: Legacy of the Void) (BattleNet)
  • Or any other game he would like to receive on Steam (max. 50$, Steam sale is incoming :wink: )

So good luck to all of you and happy Gaming!

PS: Here is the link for the picture: http://haruningster.deviantart.com/art/Merry-Gamey-Christmas-147767961

Ooo any game on steam up to $50 sure is a fancy offer. You make me feel cheap XD

My wife makes this amazing dessert that I can’t wait for. She only makes it for Christmas!

It is oreo cookie balls! She takes crushed oreo cookies mixed with cream cheese, freezes them, and then dips them in chocolate. When they harden it is just some amazing thing that I could eat a million of!

4 Likes

ShiftySatchmo Hmm you think she could send some of them to Germany? :wink:

1 Like

Work is doing a Christmas party next Tuesday and we’re having Ribs, Potatoes, sweet rolls, egg nog, etc.

At home we’ll be making mashed potatoes, ham, cranberries, Hawaiian rolls, egg salad, and ambrosia.

4 Likes

tat2teel said in My little GamingExodus christmas event - round 3:

Work is doing a Christmas party next Tuesday and we’re having Ribs, Potatoes, sweet rolls, egg nog, etc.

At home we’ll be making mashed potatoes, ham, cranberries, Hawaiian rolls, egg salad, and ambrosia.

Hawaiian rolls <3

2 Likes

Again, I will be sitting out this giveaway because I have already won a round, and I want others to win!

But I want to continue to thank PeaceLeon for doing it, and I still like to answer the questions! :slight_smile:

I don’t cook anything, but we go to my mom’s house for Christmas eve, and she does a traditional holiday feast, with a big ham. My favorite thing she does at this meal is this pineapple cheese casserole thing. Thats the best way I can explain it, but I love it.

Then Christmas morning, my extended family, which includes cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. always get together for a brunch, with biscuits and sausage casseroles and stuff like that.

3 Likes

I hate this topic because it causes hunger

3 Likes

I’m in charge of Thanksgiving and go all out so I tend to take Christmas off. Probably just have tacos (daily occurrence for me). Gonna just be my brother and me this year. Already got family visits to and fro over with. Mmmmm tacos…

We do have a family tradition of making cinnamon rolls for breakfast every Christmas though. So I guess that will be happening for sure!

Cinnamon rolls!

3 Likes

I too will be abstaining from this round to allow others to have a better chance.

Thank you again Kai for the fantastic gift, not only for myself but the others here as well.

I first had them after my father remarried. She made these cookies that are so simple but to this day remain one of my favorites. We called them (and I think that is still what most call them) Peanut butter snowballs.

Simply put, it is peanut butter, Rice Krispies and coconut. Mix the first 2 together into balls and then roll in the coconut. Mmm mmm good.

2 Likes

I will be asking to be kept out as well. But as for our holiday meal. I will be making a honey glazed spiral ham. Topped and baked with pineapple and cherries. Mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, broccoli and cheddar, croissants and dessert will be home made apple and or cherry pie.

1 Like

PeaceLeon I think i will lose now :frowning:

in our country Christmas is almost nothing cause here very few peoples are Christians and i never had any Christmas holidays so i have no idea about Christmas…

so tell me what am i supposed to do?

Another great giveaway from PeaceLeon!

Christmas time is Summertime down here in the upside land of NZ, & for my family we prefer to have a laid back lunch in the sun. Likely to have a BBQ cranking with nice sausages, lamb chops & steaks. Tonnes of fresh fruit & because the in-laws are Chinese there’ll be a big plate of crispy roast pork. “Traditional” dessert would be a Pavlova (a big soft meringue cake) or Trifle.

I’ll either be on BBQ duty or making fresh bread & some other dessert.

The day for us is more about relaxing & catching up while the kids run around shooting water pistols or Nerf guns at each other.

Typically for christmas dinner, we eat Fondue …

2 Likes

Well if everybody bows out… maybe I will jump back in. :wink: Just kidding… or am I? Hmmmm? :smiley:

DANTE Just tell us what you will prepare for your next big event, maybe you already have some plans for the New Years Party?

1 Like

I cook most of the Xmas day meal except the turkey as my UK over just isn’t big enough for that and everything else. Last year was the first year we hosted out our house to give the mother in law a bit of a break but she still makes the turkey for us.

Aside from her lovely turkey, I will be making Ham, Stuffing, Roasted Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes, Mashed Sweet Potato, Turnip, Carrots, Peas, Corn, Bacon Wrapped Sausages, Sausage Meat and a nice assortment of pickled goods, gherkins and mini onions.

Will also make some pies and cookies for dessert and will have a number of different drink options available, with and without alcohol :smiley:

2 Likes

My mother in law will be cooking “Sarma”. My favorite dish ever. Its a combination of rice, minced beef and spices, rolled in the sour cabbage leaves and cooked with some smoked beef or pork to add to the taste. :smiley: Then I’ll have some wine and probably put myself out of commission for the rest of the night. XD

7 Likes

Last year it was fish cream on toast as appertizer and mini meatballs with mayonnaise potato. Just some easy stuff next to the shots of jagers and beers :smiley:

0_1482071358253_hal.jpg

I still don’t know what to make this year, I am thinking about a hungarian and central europian speciality, the cabbage roll (or sarma where Zmajuga lives :stuck_out_tongue: Damn you were faster. ). It is meat rolled in cabbage leaves and spiced with a lot of red paprika. I love it and usually everybody so not a bad idea :smiley: You should all try to make it once :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

While I do not have pictures, I have the Christmas Dinner menu made atleast seeing as we never have a party. We will be having Baked Pineapple & Brown Sugar Ham, Mashed Potatoes, Glazed Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, Stuffing, Cranberry Sauce, Biscuits, and for desert apple pie and for thoughs who like a little something stronger I will be making a batch of there favorite Special Thin Mint Brownies. I do all the cooking every year usally for Christmas, the past 5 years however I have not had to do Thanksgiving cause my uncles new girlfriend loves to do it.

4 Likes

ButtStallion I thought Hungary has only one speciality … gulyás or pörkölt XD

1 Like