My (mostly) New Build!

Katsuo said in My (mostly) New Build!:

If you move to Intel I’ll unfollow you and unfriend you from Steam.

Haha it’s unlikely. I like that AMD is cheap

ShiftySatchmo said in My (mostly) New Build!:

If you move to Intel I’ll unfollow you and unfriend you from Steam.

Haha it’s unlikely. I like that AMD is cheap

Good!
I’ll be upgrading my GPU next year around August because this 370 is showing some signs of dying. If it dies before summer, I’ll punch a innocent wall.

1 Like

Katsuo Well, if a certain person has his way a wall will be built soon so you could go SSJ and Dragon Punch it :wink:

ShiftySatchmo I have the same case, a good one, I placed one more red led fan to the front :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Gorkie SSJ, Dragon Punch? I’m not that weak :stuck_out_tongue:

So are you going to just gather mostly new parts, and put them all together at once next summer?

Or build it gradually between now and then? Like, while your case just be sitting until you have a complete new computer to go in it, or will you put your existing stuff in it, and gradually change it out as you buy new stuff between now and summer?

Katsuo Considering how shitty the wall will be it I could have just recomended a finger punch :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Polekatt said in My (mostly) New Build!:

So are you going to just gather mostly new parts, and put them all together at once next summer?

Or build it gradually between now and then? Like, while your case just be sitting until you have a complete new computer to go in it, or will you put your existing stuff in it, and gradually change it out as you buy new stuff between now and summer?

I won’t start until I have the mobo and cpu. I don’t want to have to take it all apart. Too lazy! The only part I might buy before those is a SSD.

2 Likes

ShiftySatchmo So let me ask this… I have a AMD R3 120gb SSD, I was thinking about getting a 2tb Firecuda (SSHD) is it worth it?

Gorkie get your gpu first XD

You are asking if it is worth replacing your SSD with a hybrid? What other storage do you have? I would suggest keeping the 120 as a boot and using the 2TB for games and storage.

ShiftySatchmo Thats what I ment the 2tb Firecuda for games. Im using the R3 120gb SSD for my OS, a 500gb HD for the user files and a 1tb HD for games

Gorkie If you have now a fully functioning HDD, why would you buy a new one if the current one is working normally? It’s not like that hybrid will bring you some insane speed in loading time. I have a regular HDD and I don’t even remember if I waited longer than 2 seconds in any game or software to load up. And I use a shit ton of software like Visual Studio which are supposed to load extremely long when you boot up the PC for the first time. Hell, even Witcher 3 had less than a second load time in my case XD

1 Like

Gorkie said in My (mostly) New Build!:

ShiftySatchmo Thats what I ment the 2tb Firecuda for games. Im using the R3 120gb SSD for my OS, a 500gb HD for the user files and a 1tb HD for games

I never found hybrids to add much value. If you just need more space for games and aren’t willing to uninstall you should just buy a 7200 RPM HDD. They are quite cheap these days! WD blacks are pretty solid in my experience.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo I have a 2TB WD Black. If that WD Black were a wife, I’d love that wife.

1 Like

Katsuo yeah, I feel like hybrids are mostly for cheaper laptops. If you already have SSD for the OS there really isn’t a point.

ShiftySatchmo I have a 2TB WD Black. If that WD Black were a wife, I’d love that wife.

WD makes good HDDs indeed. I usually go Samsung for SSD because the pros are so dang fast.

ShiftySatchmo I have a Crucial m4 64GB SSD XD
It’s kinda full because OS is there and few more programs. Have around 20GBs left. But it’s so damn fast. Everything boots up in a second. So far I really like Crucial. I have even their RAM which is super cute. Go with Crucial if they are cheaper than Samsung.

Katsuo I have a habit of sticking with a brand until I have a bad experience or find a deal on another brand that I can’t pass up. I did switch from ASUS to Gigabyte because ASUS is insanely marked up for comparative products. I bet that makes you happy XD

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo Hahah you know me so well. xD
Feel free to use more dirty words to describe ASUS products :grin:

1 Like

Katsuo If it makes you happy, my next motherboard won’t be ASUS in my upgrade :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes