My (mostly) New Build!

Gorkie said in My (mostly) New Build!:

ShiftySatchmo Thats what I ment the 2tb Firecuda for games. Im using the R3 120gb SSD for my OS, a 500gb HD for the user files and a 1tb HD for games

I never found hybrids to add much value. If you just need more space for games and aren’t willing to uninstall you should just buy a 7200 RPM HDD. They are quite cheap these days! WD blacks are pretty solid in my experience.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo I have a 2TB WD Black. If that WD Black were a wife, I’d love that wife.

1 Like

Katsuo yeah, I feel like hybrids are mostly for cheaper laptops. If you already have SSD for the OS there really isn’t a point.

Katsuo said in My (mostly) New Build!:

ShiftySatchmo I have a 2TB WD Black. If that WD Black were a wife, I’d love that wife.

WD makes good HDDs indeed. I usually go Samsung for SSD because the pros are so dang fast.

ShiftySatchmo I have a Crucial m4 64GB SSD XD
It’s kinda full because OS is there and few more programs. Have around 20GBs left. But it’s so damn fast. Everything boots up in a second. So far I really like Crucial. I have even their RAM which is super cute. Go with Crucial if they are cheaper than Samsung.

Katsuo I have a habit of sticking with a brand until I have a bad experience or find a deal on another brand that I can’t pass up. I did switch from ASUS to Gigabyte because ASUS is insanely marked up for comparative products. I bet that makes you happy XD

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo Hahah you know me so well. xD
Feel free to use more dirty words to describe ASUS products :grin:

1 Like

Katsuo If it makes you happy, my next motherboard won’t be ASUS in my upgrade :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Katsuo I wonder if Zen will drive Skylake prices down though…

ShiftySatchmo Why would they do that? Intel is not an idiot. They know that people are crazy enough to give extra $50-100 for their products even if their CPUs offer about the same performance as AMDs. Same will be with the Coffeelake or whatever they called it.

Katsuo haha I dunno Nvidia lowered the price of their GPUs when the 400 series came out, so maybe Intel will be forced to do something similar.

ShiftySatchmo Maybe. But something like that will only happen if Zen beats Skylake with hella lower price and better performance than Skylake. I don’t know. I wouldn’t ever buy Intel just because they remind me of Apple.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo Maybe. But something like that will only happen if Zen beats Skylake with hella lower price and better performance than Skylake. I don’t know. I wouldn’t ever buy Intel just because they remind me of Apple.

I would never buy Nvidia because they are evil. Intel I’d buy if it makes sense to (or if it is the only option like in a Surface), but I’ll probably go all AMD as usual.

ShiftySatchmo Yeah, same goes for me as well with Nvidia. Hell, when did they do something like VLAN community thing stuff like AMD does? When did they giveaway tons of stuff for free every single month? Never. It just shows how greedy they are and how they don’t care about community in general. That’s the main reason I really like AMD. They are willing to spend time and money on consumers.
As for Surface. That studio thing is awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I want one…to love it.

ShiftySatchmo Yeah, same goes for me as well with Nvidia. Hell, when did they do something like VLAN community thing stuff like AMD does? When did they giveaway tons of stuff for free every single month? Never. It just shows how greedy they are and how they don’t care about community in general. That’s the main reason I really like AMD. They are willing to spend time and money on consumers.
As for Surface. That studio thing is awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I want one…to love it.

I just feel like a lot of their practices that are to stay #1 are also hurting consumers.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo said in My (mostly) New Build!:

I just feel like a lot of their practices that are to stay #1 are also hurting consumers.

In my eyes, they are never and will never be #1. Red Team we love youuuu.
Also you should sign up for the AMD VLAN thingy tomorrow. They are giving stuff away and you might even have fun playing games with some random nasty people around the globeee.

Katsuo haha I mean #1 in sales

The spec02 arrived today. I really like the look of it! It’ll be hard to wait 3-6 months to finish this thing XD but I’m excited!

1 Like

Also, I’ve been hanging onto the red LED strips and fans LetsGetIt1220 generously sent me at random a while back for this very moment! Super excited to light up the side window :smiley:

4 Likes

Nabbed a 1TB and a 500GB Samsung 850 EVO thanks to black Friday. Not going to wait to use these! I’ll pop them in my current build and swap them over in the spring when I finish up my new one.

3 Likes