MyLifeForAiur August Gamer Challenge

Undertale: True Pacifist ending
Limbo
Inside

Undertale is an incredibly enjoyable game. It has a lot of charm and heart. It creates so many likable and memorable characters then finds interesting ways to bring your friendship to the brink. In the tutorial area a frog told me I didn’t have to kill enemies so from there on I decided not to kill anyone. Having your character stay at level 1 for the entire game was not easy. The pace of the game for the most part was very solid. I only got stuck at one point which was trying to figure out how to spare Asgore. I was convinced that I needed to find him some Golden Flower Tea since I remembered a conversation from earlier in the game where another main character told me it was his favourite and that he wouldn’t want to fight me. Turns out I didn’t need to do that and I spent a solid three hours searching the entire map. All and all I would recommend this game to anyone who likes story in games or killing super likable characters. I can’t wait to get back into the game and play for one of the other four endings the game has.

4 Likes

Limbo is a eerie puzzle platformer with a minimalistic art style. The game is rather short but its an enjoyable game. It is certainly a trail and error kind of game. You will find yourself dying over and over again before you realize what you needed to do. Luckily the check points are very often. The game can sometimes get frustrating once you figure out what you need to do but actually executing it is a lot harder. All and all I really enjoyed this game and the story is open to interpretation. It hard to believe the developers created a world this enjoyable even though it is almost completely void of other characters (minus a couple that are trying to kill you). The world itself is the greatest character. From eerie forest to the dark warehouses limbo is one enjoyable game. It is however very short so maybe pick it up while its on sale.

4 Likes

MyLifeForAiur I’ll play that one after I finish The Witcher 3. LIMBO has some easy achievements sooooo easy 100% completion! #achievementwhore

1 Like

Only tough achievement is beating the game in one sitting with 5 or less deaths.

2 Likes

MyLifeForAiur That’s easy. Dark Souls taught me how to play games XD

2 Likes

Katsuo Dark Souls, never heard of it.

MyLifeForAiur Dating simulator set in a world full of cats. It’s a direct sequel to the Barbie and her sisters Puppy Rescue game.

1 Like

Katsuo Damn that sounds legit as hell I’m going to have to check it out.

1 Like

Inside is another game from Playdead. Their other game is Limbo. Inside is very similar to Limbo but in my opinion improves on it in every way. Both games put you in the shoes of a little boy and make you watch that little boy die over and over again as you learn what to do. I feel like Inside does a much better job at delivering a sense of confusion and intensity. The action parts of this game can at times be outright terrifying. The puzzle are also a lot grander in scope than in Limbo. Just like Limbo this game is very short (took me just over 3 hours to beat) and might not be worth the $20 for everyone. Personally I thoroughly enjoyed this one and would recommend it to anyone who enjoyed Limbo.

2 Likes