Need Help please !!

dante Found the problem! She is missing a monitor!!

2 Likes

I have a very similar system (FX9590 and R9 Fury X). I had updates install yesterday without issue. Currently using 18.2.1 driver. Have they tried that driver?

Have they tried reinstalling the chipset drivers?

1 Like

Hm, there was one post on the unmentionable site that the guys Fury just died… Try with a different card if possible, sounds like gpu is throttling hard, and how old is the PSU? Check voltages with HWMonitor.

milkywayman said in Need Help please !!:

Hm, there was one post on the unmentionable site that the guys Fury just died… Try with a different card if possible, sounds like gpu is throttling hard, and how old is the PSU? Check voltages with HWMonitor.

I thought they had a 390?

gord0 oh dang, misplaced the Fury from the RAM :man_facepalming: but still valid points to check :slight_smile:

gord0 oh dang, misplaced the Fury from the RAM :man_facepalming: but still valid points to check :slight_smile:

I actually forget, are those two cards fairly similar? Or completely diff?

RAM bus width on the Fury is 4096, here it’s 512 bit :slight_smile:

RAM bus width on the Fury is 4096, here it’s 512 bit :slight_smile:

Ohh yeah, the fury has hbm.

1 Like

First of all sorry for late reply guys. was out for weekend. gord0 yes she tried to reinstalling the chipset which is in the amd driver.

milkywayman trying different card is not a option for her. and psu voltage is normal too and psu is around 2 years old

Another thing u guys should know that in the meantime she tried Dragon age inquisition everything maxed she is getting 60 lock fps. but in games like saints row 4 old games like that she is getting really low fps like 30-40 still

dante In that case, which games are failing? It does sound that drivers/OS have an issue.

milkywayman saints raw 4, black desert online, farcry 5 arcade beta

dante Can she try this for Saints Row IV:
everything maxed except lighting as it makes no difference and eats up 35+ fps, running a stable 60+ :slight_smile:

Edit: Shadows on low as well, i pretty much put everything on low when i see no difference from low-high. That also eats up your fps for no real improvement imo…

If she has Radeon center installed, she could try and erase the game profile under the Gaming tab, maybe there’s something that’s bugging the stuff out :slight_smile:

milkywayman she is getting worse performance with low lighting

dante said in Need Help please !!:

milkywayman she is getting worse performance with low lighting

Is it possible to take her video card out and put it in someone else’s computer to see if it behaves the same way?

1 Like

gord0 nope its not possible :frowning:

dante said in Need Help please !!:

gord0 nope its not possible :frowning:

I’m not sure what to suggest then. There’s not enough controllable variables to narrow down the problem.

1 Like

A couple of things:
Which OS is she running?
And what software is she using to get FPS?

I’d take a guess that the games failing or stuttering are Direct X 11 games, since DA:I is DX 10, can you check that?

I’d take a guess that the games failing or stuttering are Direct X 11 games, since DA:I is DX 10, can you check that?

Inquistion supports dx11 or the now depricated Mantel. There are very very few dx10 games.