Need some CPU Advice.

Not my business, but maybe you should just save and delay the gratification.

Buying prebuilt and/or leasing is always more expensive. I consider the extra cost to be convenience tax. You just have to ask yourself, “how much do I want to have it immediately? How much can I not be bothered to assemble it?”.

1 Like

There are some prebuilt deals in this article that seem decent. You pay a crapload when you do boutique prebuilt vs a normal store.

Yea, I have started ordering parts. I said fuck it, I am doing this my self over time… new case & cooler is on the way to start things out…

Unless there is some crazy deal. I think it is worth just setting aside money every month and not picking up hodge podge parts. That way if some new CPU comes out you will make sure you have a compatible cooler.

1 Like

Well, CPU is last but im getting a X470 & Ram next month. I have a PSU I can use right now and a GPU along with HDD/SSD’s. I am happy to get the Ryzen 7 2700X which is the plan, but I know what you mean. After all that is handled the saving for the GPU begins 1080/RTX 2070 are my options im looking at so not to go to crazy on the graphics pricing.

I mostly just hate having things sitting around, tempting me. I also am a cheap bastard so I try and spend money after I’ve got it all in hand.

1 Like

My issue, if I don’t do it while I have the money something usally happens to cause me not to have the money when I need it for my parts. Its why I am doing it like this in order to be sure I can get the parts and not have something cause me to have to put this off yet again.

I’d handle it SLIGHTLY differently. I love buying things as much as the next guy, but I have a pretty strict budget to pay for life and emergencies, along with a budget for “Geran’s Nerdy Things”.

Definitely do you, but don’t buy computer parts at the expense of having money for emergencies. It is better to have $200 in an account, unspent than to have an emergency and go further in debt.

I highly recommend a budget app to help with planning. I use YouNeedABudget (YNAB) to set aside money.

Referral link: https://ynab.com/referral/?ref=VtMXrVwT1y268XwP&utm_source=customer_referral

1 Like

Update: New Case & 240mm Cooler Master RGB AIO has arrived. It has come to my attention as long as everything goes right next month my brother and mother have decided I needed a new graphics card and are getting me a GTX 1070 or 1080 depending on price for my birthday on the 7th!

1 Like