Never Alone

…is my next game…

Usual Unity engine disclaimer: at first runs solid at max settings in 1440p at 60fps (Ubuntu 16.04)… then you get frame dips but only between 50 and 60fps… Then you switch to windows and get the solid 60 constantly.

As a Canadian you get real tired of native stories real early in the school system. So in this game I chose to completely ignore the little shity educational vids they provide (unlocked as you progress). Gameplay is solid though, really hooked. A proper 2.5d sidescroller, I recommend! Will post more when I beat it!

Aw the docs are cool

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo said in Never Alone:

Aw the docs are cool

Throwing fmvs in a game is cheap, and I’ve been over-exposed to the subject matter.

I wonder how much you would hate to watch Quantum Break episodes XD

Already posted on that… tho probly was on angel’s dingle-berry site…

1 Like

gord0 Oh you’ve played it. Didn’t know that. I liked the episodes. The bad thing was that I had to stream the episodes and the quality was complete shite. But I’m blaming my internet for that. It would be better quality if I had faster net.

Btw if you watch the docs in Never Alone, you’ll get 2 achievements. I know you absolutely love the achievements haha XD

Katsuo said in Never Alone:

gord0 Oh you’ve played it. Didn’t know that. I liked the episodes. The bad thing was that I had to stream the episodes and the quality was complete shite. But I’m blaming my internet for that. It would be better quality if I had faster net.

Btw if you watch the docs in Never Alone, you’ll get 2 achievements. I know you absolutely love the achievements haha XD

I imagine they probably had some bullshit educational funding, so that bullox was thrown in.

Yeah I played Quantum Break and those scenes broke the game. Sitting with a controller in my hand… waiting… make a fucking game… or make a fucking movie… not both!

gord0 haha the game was made with the sole purpose of teaching people about the culture

2 Likes

ShiftySatchmo said in Never Alone:

gord0 haha the game was made with the sole purpose of teaching people about the culture

That’s lost on Canadians… that bull is half of what we got in history class. If england didn’t invade, another euro country would have. be happy for electricity and stop evading tax. It’s 2016, not 1816. No one alive now, deserves the entitlements.

gord0 I was fine with both. I liked it a lot hahaha
But as Andrew says, Never Alone is literally made so you can learn more about the culture. So that’s why they threw the docs there.
Stop hating and open the docs and learn about the culture that will never have any impact in your life haha

2 Likes

I really enjoyed the videos in the game but I really find other cultures very interesting to learn about and love history so I have enjoyed the game for that and for the gameplay even though I am stuck in a part and have not finished it yet. The music is incredible as well as the graphics.

1 Like

I play this when my 3yr old daughter is around, she loves it. :slight_smile:

Sir_diealot said in Never Alone:

I really enjoyed the videos in the game but I really find other cultures very interesting to learn about and love history so I have enjoyed the game for that and for the gameplay even though I am stuck in a part and have not finished it yet. The music is incredible as well as the graphics.

It’s just the north american native culture that I can’t stand anymore because it was krammed down our throats in school. Any time I see something educational about them it’s like watching the same documentary for the millionth time.

The game is great though.

So I just beat it!..without watching any of the educational vids lol! I’m going to give it a “just enough above ‘meh’ to beat it” out of 10. It’s good, but short and the mechanics do get tiresome near the end. So I didn’t bother with the “Fox Tails” DLC.