New GPU

In order to get back into gaming a bit more, i’ve slightly upgraded my GPU. Gonna be selling off my GTX 970 and have just bought an ASUS STRIX RX 480 8GB!

Needless to say i’m pretty pumped and can’t wait for it show up on Friday now!

LetsGetIt1220 said in /404:

In order to get back into gaming a bit more, i’ve slightly upgraded my GPU. Gonna be selling off my GTX 970 and have just bought an ASUS STRIX RX 480 8GB!

Needless to say i’m pretty pumped and can’t wait for it show up on Friday now!

As far as gaming benchmarks go, that’s only a vram upgrade and a few fps in some games…

gord0

The VRAM is a massive improvement for 1440P which is what I am looking for as haven’t been able to fully utilise my monitor since I’ve had the 970.

3 Likes

LetsGetIt1220 said in New GPU:

gord0

The VRAM is a massive improvement for 1440P which is what I am looking for as haven’t been able to fully utilise my monitor since I’ve had the 970.

How many gb was your 970?

gord0 they come only in 4/3.5 GB configs.

MeFFFlenn said in New GPU:

gord0 they come only in 4/3.5 GB configs.

ah… i’ve been pulling off 1440p most of the time with 4…

gord0 me too and with a GTX 970 … but maybe i have done it wrong :wink:
Not on all titles, but Dirt Rally worked super, No Man´s Sky too, aswell as Shadow Warrior 2, Doom 2016 or Wolfenstein …

Well from what I’ve seen personally, it wasn’t working well for me. Games like Battlefield 1 had to be played on Medium and even then it didn’t quite feel right.

Problem was I actually downgraded from a 480 to this 970 so have personally noticed a massive difference in the games I play.

As for Doom, it’s much better on a 480 :wink:

I will also grab some FPS results and compare them anyways just to see for fun :slight_smile:

3 Likes

LetsGetIt1220 Yay benchmarking!

LetsGetIt1220 In the end the only benchmarks that count for anything; Your own! Enjoy the new GPU, always exciting to upgrade.

1 Like