New rig

Specs:

What are the latest and greatest benchmarks you folks feel I should do?

Nice… but you forgot how much it cost. :slight_smile:

I’ve been toying with upgrading around my 1080 ti as well… the 4770k is still running strong at 4.5, but there is a hole growing in my pocket from the burning going on.

ub6 said in New rig:

I’ve been toying with upgrading around my 1080 ti as well… the 4770k is still running strong at 4.5, but there is a hole growing in my pocket from the burning going on.

HIssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

1 Like

teh_g Close…more of a hi$$$$$$$$$$$$$. :slight_smile:

I hate the Killer Network Manager. Tell me your experiences with it later :smiley: I only install the driver part of it.

1 Like

buttstallion said in New rig:

I hate the Killer Network Manager. Tell me your experiences with it later :smiley: I only install the driver part of it.

I only used it once on a windows laptop with wireless. Literally zero need for it on a plugged in desktop. I’m not sure why they list such stupid junk in the list. That’s always happened in the past and i just manually removed the dumb shit from the list before pasting it to people. This time I’m lazy, you get a long ass screen shot.

1 Like

ub6 said in New rig:

A little under $3000 CAD. I built a rig on their site, decided it was too much and closed the tab. Soon after indian dude calls me with “discounts”. So shady lol Before “discounts” it was over $5000 CAD.

2 Likes

Cheapskate :wink:

shiftysatchmo said in New rig:

I actually think it was their business model. Advertise high, then pretend to be generous with discounts.

gord0 said in New rig:

I actually think it was their business model. Advertise high, then pretend to be generous with discounts.

Smart but a little sketch.

As for the killer networking thing. I recall a huge memory leak in their driver at one point. Make sure you update the drivers for that :wink:

teh_g said in New rig:

gord0 said in New rig:

Smart but a little sketch.

As for the killer networking thing. I recall a huge memory leak in their driver at one point. Make sure you update the drivers for that :wink:

At the moment the driver is there but I’m not using the manager.

1 Like