New RX 480 benchmarks

ShiftySatchmo and bingo, but still cant afford lol https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HQRDE7Q/ref=psdc_1048424_t3_B00B7AN51I

1 Like

Only0neKnight it’s ok. Upgrading the mobo is a pain

ShiftySatchmo Only to the inexperienced :stuck_out_tongue: lol just messing man

1 Like

Only0neKnight haha you have to rebuild the entire pc!

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo lmao then I guess I gotta show you how its done sometimes :smiley:

Only0neKnight no way I’m pro I built plenty of PCs. They really made it easy to do haha

ShiftySatchmo I think you even built the most recent one all by yourself!

I remember a few years back when we did it together, it was so cute.

3 Likes

teh_g haha dude we built my first one like almost 6 years ago now…and I basically rebuilt that one when I upgraded to the crosshair V. Built a couple at work when I first started there, and yes built the one in my living room :smiley:

2 Likes

Only0neKnight Damn right The HD7950 is still a beast of a card. I gave my MSI TF3 version to a friend so he could experiment with XFire. His twin Twin Frozrs come within 1-2% of me on Firestrike with my Nano.

But that said in real world terms the GTX950 has equivalent performance to the HD7950 - within about 3-10FPS in most games I tried. It was such a downer seeing such a nice 3gen old mid-high card get matched in performance by a card aimed at MOBA players.

Sgt_T8ie Everything I played with that card, ran high to ultra settings, even when I had the fx 6300. Now with the 8320 and r9 290x and I cant find a game that bogs my pc :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I thought this card was rumoured as having Nano/Fury level performance? I mean VR for the mainstream rebellion & all that hype. Could this be why the review embargo lifts on release day.

Makes me happy to stay with my Nano.

Sgt_T8ie as mentioned earlier, the games shown are all Nvidia partnered ones. Probably better performance on some of the AMD optimised titles. I’d take anything pre release with a grain of salt anyway really. Better to just wait and see.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo It doesn’t really bother me anyway. If there’s no need to upgrade I won’t & at the moment the only way for me is a GTX10 series which I can’t afford. What I really want AMD to put some squeeze on NVidia. If they reclaim that low-mid tier bracket, then things become interesting. And when things get interesting the consumers win.

2 Likes

Sgt_T8ie agreed!

1 Like

Price of first card available for pre-order from NZ e-tailer: 8GB version = $600NZD. Take off the 15% sales tax & it’s $522, which in today’s exchange rate is $370USD or 335Euro.

The RX 480, the card I want so bad but will probally not afford for awhile unless I win it… makes me drool to think of that 8gb compared to my 2gb card lol

ButtStallion
Haha he breached NDA? What the fuck xD
And i’ll stick with my r9 290…

Again, DX11 benchmarks with NV Gameworks and Physix games produce the lower results on all AMD cards.
This GPU is clearly DX12/Vulcan GPU, as seen on the benchmarks.

And the fucker breached NDA. :smiley:

Zmajuga

Damnit, the 480 costs 319 Euro in the Netherlands…!!
239$ = 215 euro, so the 8GB costs 104 euro more than expected… :confused:

2 Likes