New SSD for me!

This arrived today from Amazon - saved about 25% from buying locally on sale.

It’s not the bleeding edge of SSD technologies, but I decided to forgo that little bit of extra boost & find something that stays within a self imposed budget. After all the point of this is to be my dedicated Games drive & it’s effect will be mind blowing!

I’ve been looking at those since they are so cheap and I definitely need a 480GB - 1TB at some point. I really want a Samsung EVO Pro but they are so expensive. Let me know how this one performs.

2 Likes

They are nice to have for sure. If ever I can come up with a spare 1600.00 I would like to pick up a pair of the Samsung 1TB 950’s and run them in Raid. I have a pair of the Samsung 256 850’s in raid now and what a difference.

1 Like

Even a slow ssd is a huge improvement over a standard hard drive, imo. I have two running in my main rig (One for OS and one for open world games) along with a 2 tb 7200 rpm HDD and it’s awesome. I have one 120GB SSD in my laptop (Better battery life yo!) and I have an unopened 120GB sitting around for my girl’s laptop (She won’t let me install the damned thing.) Anyway welcome to the SSD club, may your drive live long and your boot times/load times be gone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

MysticHydro Check into the Crucial BX200 480GB models. They’re not the best write performers due to their like a dual SSD, one with 8GB so anytime you write over 8GB speeds slow down, but their read performance is on par with most other drives and they are normally a bit cheaper that others. Make good Games drives if that’s what you’re looking for.

2 Likes

LetsGetIt1220 said in New SSD for me!:

MysticHydro Check into the Crucial BX200 480GB models. They’re not the best write performers due to their like a dual SSD, one with 8GB so anytime you write over 8GB speeds slow down, but their read performance is on par with most other drives and they are normally a bit cheaper that others. Make good Games drives if that’s what you’re looking for.

That was another option on the table/hitlist. I was aiming for a Samsung 850 Evo but it was 50% on top. I was also keeping an eye on the HyperX Savage… but only because it looks so purdy.

1 Like

Yea. for it is, it’s a little beast! I’ve got my 480GB BX200 loaded with Steam games and works a treat. That OCZ one looks quite nice though, like the design of it lol

1 Like