new theme?

teh_g said in new theme?:

gord0 The way the forum works, it is all one theme. If the theme allows, skins can be added. The skins are essentially just recolors using CSS I assume.

I would be shit at making a theme, but feel free to poke around! https://nodebb.readthedocs.io/en/latest/themes/create.html

I might muck about tomorrow.

1 Like

I’m not really sure I understand what would change.

But I can say that I like the color scheme of Cyborg, and would hope not to change away from those colors.

gord0 I use cyborg as well :smiley:

ButtStallion said in new theme?:

gord0 I use cyborg as well :smiley:

It actually really irks me that Cyborg isn’t default. Any time I log in from a new browser I find myself trying to log in really fast to get rid of the shirt left out in the sun that is the default.

1 Like

gord0 YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND

2 Likes

gord0 Yeah, happened to me as well sometimes :smiley: Cyborg is looking good and more importantly consumes less energy, total win-win situation :smiley:

I use a blazingly white theme because I actually strain my eyes more with a black background.

1 Like

gord0 Yeah, happened to me as well sometimes :smiley: Cyborg is looking good and more importantly consumes less energy, total win-win situation :smiley:

less energy?

Also the old default clashed with the logo.

gord0 said in new theme?:

less energy?

Depending on the monitor, some can shut off the backlight in areas with true black.

1 Like

less energy?

Depending on the monitor, some can shut off the backlight in areas with true black.

ah

ShiftySatchmo said in new theme?:

I use a blazingly white theme because I actually strain my eyes more with a black background.

My eyes are on fire when I log in to Facebook or open the writing thingy here on GX. I wish the writing thingy is also dark. Hell, I wish everything is dark in this world.
I’m actually impressed how your eyes aren’t in flames. Maybe they are?

1 Like

Katsuo said in new theme?:

ShiftySatchmo said in new theme?:

My eyes are on fire when I log in to Facebook or open the writing thingy here on GX. I wish the writing thingy is also dark. Hell, I wish everything is dark in this world.
I’m actually impressed how your eyes aren’t in flames. Maybe they are?

I might be able to sort that out… depends on how lazy I am after I read what’s at that link^

1 Like

gord0 Ayyyyy!
Make everything dark and depressive like the Chasm of the Abyss in Dark Souls \o/

I like the new theme things seem to be even more easily readable. Nice choice :slight_smile:

Katsuo said in new theme?:

gord0 Ayyyyy!
Make everything dark and depressive like the Chasm of the Abyss in Dark Souls \o/

I don’t know why the composer does not take the dark themes. I can ask them though.

1 Like

gord0 The way the forum works, it is all one theme. If the theme allows, skins can be added. The skins are essentially just recolors using CSS I assume.

I would be shit at making a theme, but feel free to poke around! https://nodebb.readthedocs.io/en/latest/themes/create.html

I might muck about tomorrow.

Yeah, too lazy lol. Don’t feel like installing nodebb just to tweak a theme.

I would really like to keep Cyborg myself. I honestly don’t understand what the changes are other than nasty white.

I use the “Cosmo” skin and it works fines for me. When it comes to reading, I like my backgrounds bright.