New upgrade for the computer

Ripjaws are a great choice

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo said in New upgrade for the computer:

Ripjaws are a great choice

I wish I had gone to them like I had wanted to in the first place but let somebody talk me out of it. I will warranty the HyperX ones and then use them in another build I guess.

Would you be so kind and sweet to post the specs? My friend Mia wants to build a new rig and she wanted to buy dem Ripjaws. Apparently she’ll get an i7 6700k and she’s also planning to get something like a GTX 1070. But she has no idea which PSU should she get nor should she go with the air cooler or some sick AIO or even motherboard. From the looks of it, your rig looks sexy and packed and I could use some info. FOR DEM RESEARCH PURPOSES!

Katsuo if she plugs it all into pcpartpicker.com it’ll tell her how much power she needs.

ShiftySatchmo She needs a brand. I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t go below 750W. \o/

1 Like

Katsuo said in New upgrade for the computer:

Would you be so kind and sweet to post the specs? My friend Mia wants to build a new rig and she wanted to buy dem Ripjaws. Apparently she’ll get an i7 6700k and she’s also planning to get something like a GTX 1070. But she has no idea which PSU should she get nor should she go with the air cooler or some sick AIO or even motherboard. From the looks of it, your rig looks sexy and packed and I could use some info. FOR DEM RESEARCH PURPOSES!

Here you go bud. The exact spec can be seen in the picture of the back of the box for the memory, it was a swap so I don’t have a website link.

ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTREME/U3.1 LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard

Cooler Master Nepton 240M - CPU Water Cooling System, All-In-One Kit with 240mm Radiator and 2 Silencio Fans

(Old) HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4-24000) Desktop Memory Model HX430C15PB2K4/16 (link is external)

(New) G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3000 (PC4-24000) Desktop Memory Model 4096 X 4

Intel Core i7-5930K Haswell-E 6-Core 3.5GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W BX80648I75930K Desktop Processor

LITE-ON DVD Burner SATA Model iHAS124-14

WD Black 5TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 128MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD5001FZWX

Cooler Master Cosmos II - Ultra Tower Computer Case with Metal Body and Hinged Side Panels

Cooler Master V1200 - Fully Modular 1200W 80 PLUS Platinum PSU with Hybrid Fan Controller for Silent Fanless Mode (4-Way SLI Ready)

The next few parts I had frome 2 previous builds

XFX Double Dissipation R9-290X-EDFD Radeon R9 290X 4GB 512-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX

2 x SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE250BW 2.5" 250GB SATA 6Gb/s 1x nm Samsung Toggle DDR 2.0 3-Bit MLC NAND Flash Memory (400Mbps) These are ran in raid

Western Digital Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive

1 Like

Katsuo I’ve had good luck with both corsair and Thermaltake for PSUs. I know a lot of people like EVGA but I hate them as much as you hate ASUS.

2 Likes

Katsuo by the way, Ryzen is out in March so she should see the price and performance on those before buying an i7.

Sir_diealot Thank youuuu~
I will forward this to her and tell her to put all the things in pcpartpicker so she knows what to buy!

ShiftySatchmo Thermaltake is in Croatia like a forgotten treasure. Nowhere to be found. But she had an eye on a Corsair PSU so I guess she’ll go with that one. Or maybe EVGA because you get goodies with it XD
Also, she’s getting that i7 for free. XD

2 Likes

I will forward this to her and tell her to put all the things in pcpartpicker so she knows what to buy!

ShiftySatchmo Thermaltake is in Croatia like a forgotten treasure. Nowhere to be found. But she had an eye on a Corsair PSU so I guess she’ll go with that one. Or maybe EVGA because you get goodies with it XD

Same Mia from GT? Tell her I said howdy if so.

1 Like

Sir_diealot Yup. That one. The one that refuses to come to GX. You hear, MiaxPls ?!?!?! Of course not.

1 Like

Sir_diealot Yup. That one. The one that refuses to come to GX. You hear, MiaxPls ?!?!?! Of course not.

She was here at one time I thought and then went back there to being an admin or am I thinking of another?

Sir_diealot She was here at the beginning. Created a Music post here on GX and after that she left. She got sick from the time when we were talking about GTribe. Tried a few times to convince her to come here but ehh. Well, it’s her choice \o/
I know she’s still on GT as Centurion.

1 Like

Sir_diealot She was here at the beginning. Created a Music post here on GX and after that she left. She got sick from the time when we were talking about GTribe. Tried a few times to convince her to come here but ehh. Well, it’s her choice \o/
I know she’s still on GT as Centurion.

Yea she and I both were complaining a lot about that, I guess I am a little more thick skinned when it comes to that stuff, though I came close to leaving because of it as well.

Sir_diealot But you are here and that’'s what rocks! She’ll eventually join us when I say to her that I’ll buy her a GTX 1080Ti or something if she joins.

1 Like

Sir_diealot But you are here and that’'s what rocks! She’ll eventually join us when I say to her that I’ll buy her a GTX 1080Ti or something if she joins.

I’ll join a second time for that deal!!!

Sir_diealot I knew you would say that! XD
Sorry, girls only hahah

1 Like

Free is a good price

ShiftySatchmo Yeah. I say that as well when you gift me a game.

2 Likes

Sir_diealot I knew you would say that! XD
Sorry, girls only hahah

I’ll get my sister to join!