Next PC Part Upgrade: March Edition

This will be replacing my MSI RX 470 8gb Gaming X.

You should stop using HDMI to VGA. VGA has lower quality than HDMI can deliver.

That is DP to DVI… unfortantly out with DVI on the card I cant use my 144hz. So Im using a DP/DVI cable with this in order to be sure I get my 144hz.

How did you skip over the two main pc video output types since like 2005? I don’t remember when dp came out, but I remember switching from vga to dvi in like 2004 or 2005. The difference was night and day. Lol that was also around about the time agp went away and pcie became a thing. I feel old.

Untill recently I was using a crappy 32" TV… it had HDMI but my Graphics Card I currently have did not like it at all and would screw up constantly. Once I swapped to a monitor I got HDMI & DVI & VGA on it… DVI being what I use now for my 144hz.

Why not just use dp?

Because he doesnt have it on his monitor

odd given the current year…

Well I dont know if its because its a 5 year old monitor or not but sadly no it doesnt have DP or I would.

I always mix up VGA with DVI when I look at the cables. I’ve been using Displayport for so long now.

You also mixed up hdmi with dp :stuck_out_tongue:

I did find out 2 brands have DVI on them still but would cost an extra 40 dollars compared to just getting the MSI + DP/DVI Cable… EVGA & ASUS have the DVI still.

As long as you get your frames, it’s all good. : ]

1 Like