NFL

Just found out Virgin must be having a free period of Sky Sports as I can watch both playoff games tonight!

Going to be a long day at work today!

My money is on the Patriots, but I am sure my good buddy Sir_diealot has something to say about that :wink:

Either way, really just hoping for a good game as these are the first games of the season I will be watching!

GO PATS \o/

1 Like

Falcons looking to put a hurting on them Packers atm, as well :smiley:

1 Like

LetsGetIt1220 Not enough hurting, more like rug burns :stuck_out_tongue:

I love NFL.

Denver is my team, has been since the '80s.

Dallas is my LEAST favorite team. I never pull for them.

All others, I just like to watch close games. But I tend to pull for teams that have outdoor stadiums, I hate watching football played inside.

1 Like

LetsGetIt1220 said in /404:

Just found out Virgin must be having a free period of Sky Sports as I can watch both playoff games tonight!

Going to be a long day at work today!

My money is on the Patriots, but I am sure my good buddy Sir_diealot has something to say about that :wink:

Either way, really just hoping for a good game as these are the first games of the season I will be watching!

I knew it would be a hard game going in, losing Bell and only having Brown at half speed due to early in game injury did not help. I hate them with a passion but congratulations to the Pats.

9 times out of 10 I root for the AFC team in the Super Bowl, this is the tenth time though and I will be rooting for the Falcons.

2 Likes

Still say we need a sports section on GX!

I’m a huge CFB guy but I’ve had trouble following the NFL besides the big game since I stopped playing fantasy. Not playing fantasy and cancelling cable/Red Zone made me realize I didn’t enjoy the product so much. Plus I’m a Bears fan… That doesn’t help anything! But man, been watching the playoffs this year and good stuff! Sure blowouts this weekend, but overall its been phenomenal football.

I’ll be cheering for Matty Ice come Superbowl weekend.

2 Likes

schlitty If enough people want one, I can drop a section under TV?

Also, GO PATS

1 Like

teh_g I mentioned it in the suggestion thread a ways ways back and it didn’t gain a ton of traction or anything. But if it happens I’d say just under ‘general’. Some people play sports or watch it live as well. Obviously TV viewing is the bulk of it and the TV section is where some sports talk like F1 is hiding at the moment, so I dunno! Would be pretty buried. :shrug_tone2:

Yeah, I’d put it under general, if anything, and let it encompass any sports talk, both who you pull for, what sports you watch, and sports games, and even fantasy leagues.

Make one pinned thread for people to simply list their favorite sports, the ones they follow, and favorite teams. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wait so would my epic tales and screenshots of rock star table tennis go under sports, gaming, or screenshots? :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

ShiftySatchmo wherever you put them, I’m sure your alter ego would come in and move them to the proper place! :slight_smile: :rofl:

1 Like

I would also like a sports section. I have not watched much this year because I promised my nephew I would come for CHRISTmas so I did not turn my dish on but now I have a way to watch without that so I am watching more. Hoping my Buffalo Sabres make the playoffs this season. Also Go Celtics and Sooners!

Moved to the new sports section.

2 Likes

holy poop.

1 Like

DEM PATRIOTS

1 Like

teh_g said in NFL:

DEM PATRIOTS

They played a great second half, I knew they were going to come back just watching the way they made adjustments and started to move the ball in their first possession.

Hoped they would not win but know them well enough to know it was very likely that they could and told my GF that at halftime.

Well Brady now has 5 and passes Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana for most Super Bowl victories. Edit: I think Steve Young had 4 as well but am not sure of that.

1 Like