NHL Playoffs 2017

I feel bad for Columbus fans, they deserve a series win some time but the Pens just got their number so far. My darkhorse pick Blues are ahead 2-0 and heading home. NYR/MTL is turning into a real fun series! May as well go seven! And Oilers with a big momentum shift in the series. Kassian was having his way all night. I think the Sharks need to consider dressing Haley for Game 3 to address the physicality the Oilers delivered. Oilers are feelin’ it.

With mornings busy and evenings free this year its been easier to catch lots of games for me and I’m having fun without having to worry about the Kings! Fun playoffs so far;

Sharks addressed the physical issue and came out hitting in Game 3. But it was a tight defensive battle with Jones making the only mistake. Turning into quite the series, Sharks won’t stay shutout forever. Ducks taking care of Calgary as expected.

I know I picked the Blues but I would’ve never picked them to be up 3-0! And Nashville up 2-0? Again, I had a weird feeling, but not winning two in Chicago without them even scoring feeling! Pekka Rinne has 2 assists, well outscoring the Hawks! Haha. Wacky Central happenings.

Montreal and New York feels like a seven game series brewing. Good match-up. Same goes for Boston and Ottawa if Ottawa is for real. The way Ottawa fought back in Game 2 was a wake up call but Game 3 we find out how for real it was. Boston’s defense started the series in pieces and has been losing more. Ripe for the picking.

Can’t believe Toronto split the games in Washington. Another Caps collapse?? If they lose Game 3 those memories and doubts creep right in. And I just plain feel bad for Columbus fans. Amazing season and they just weren’t ready for playoff hockey. Really hope they play with some pride tomorrow and at least make it go 5.

1 Like

schlitty yeah that sharks vs oilers game was intense. Can’t believe the blue jackets choked so hard. Same for the Bruins!

1 Like

Holy crap! Sharks went beast mode tonight with a 7-0 win XD

1 Like

TOUCHDOWN! Haha. What a difference a game makes. Gotta make sure it doesn’t swing back the other way back in Edmonton though.

Glad Columbus won the wild game last night. Those fans deserved to see one win. Series is still over of course but yeah.

Toronto kids and Nashville defense continue to shock. Sens taking advantage of that patchwork defense to take a series lead. Rangers/Candiens good fun. Ducks coasting. Blues coasting. Might skip both those potential series ending games tonight. Not gonna lie, I just might be burning my hockey candle at both ends and burning myself out. But its been a fun and decent playoffs so far. And much better than last year intensity-wise.

1 Like

Looks like it’ll be a sweep for the quackers

1 Like

Round 1 winding down…

Bye bye Calgary, Columbus, and Chicago so far. Boston hanging on by a thread with a comeback and two late PK’s to make it to OT. I’m no Boston fan so this is painful to say but it’d be nice to see them stave off elimination. They’ve really earned another home game with their patchwork defense keeping them around.

Blues, Oilers, Rangers, and Caps all a win away. Good ol Justin Williams clutch again for the Caps tonight in OT. I expect them to win big in Toronto to finish it off after all these close games.

1 Like

schlitty Sharks totally choked they should have had game 5. There is a trend of one team getting an early lead and the other coming back to tie it up in the 3rd and then winning in OT.

1 Like

Three more bite the dust! I’m hoping we get at least one Game 7 out of the remaining series. We need at least one Game 7 in the first round!

schlitty :’(

18 overtimes! A new record for a playoff round. No Game 7’s though.

Haven’t checked in in awhile. Oilers are for real! Can’t believe they took both games in Anaheim, but I’m not complaining. Nashville and Blues are working on a classic, defensive, long series. Caps choke job in effect sadly, thought for sure they wouldn’t blow it this year. Need a miracle turnaround at this point. And Rangers headed home down 2 to the Sens, gotta imagine the Rangers assert themselves and take command at home to set up the long series.

Wish I had TV but there is always next year.

Crosby took a possible leg and/or possible head injury on an unfortunate hockey play last night. Missed the rest of the game. Could be a big shift in that series.

Two shocker teams in Nashville and Ottawa have punched their tickets to the Western and Eastern Conference Finals! The first two Game 7’s of this playoffs will decide on who joins them. Finally some Game 7 action and desperation! Should be fun. :slight_smile:

Pens/Sens 2-2
Quacks/Preds 2-2

Big Game 5’s this weekend!

2 Likes

schlitty Come on Pens!

Sir_diealot boooooo

1 Like

Preds vs the Divers for the Finals. I hope that Preds defense stands tall for one more series, they’re hurting up front.

Repeat, Repeat, Repeat! Go Penguins!