Nintendo revealed Switch online service

Seems interesting, but they promised SNES for it at launch, the phone app for communication is crazy, and cloud saves should be free.

I thought it will be $70/year. It’s not bad.

But… Everything should be free. Especially beer.

Just like with psn, the only thing forcing my hand to pay for this is cloud saves…which are and always have been free on steam.

2 Likes

Why would the cloud saves be free when the other consoles make you pay? I have almost 0 desire to play switch online anyway, but I agree with gord0 that $20 for cloud saves is probably how I’ll look at it. Also, I guess I’ll play OG donkey kong on the go.

I just want virtual console. Why doesn’t Nintendo want (more of) my money?

I only ever sub to psn for a month at a time because i usually don’t play ps4 titles back to back. Sometimes it’s months between ps4 games. I’ll be doing the same with switch.
Also fuck the retro games. Emulate.

shiftysatchmo said in Nintendo revealed Switch online service:

Why would the cloud saves be free when the other consoles make you pay? I have almost 0 desire to play switch online anyway, but I agree with gord0 that $20 for cloud saves is probably how I’ll look at it. Also, I guess I’ll play OG donkey kong on the go.

You can’t even backup saves to external media or the SD card. I hope they fix that.

For the price, I guess it isn’t bad, but knowing Nintendo it will somehow be bad.

2 Likes

teh_g it is funny that Nintendo is making us pay for something we did for free in a Hangouts chat room when we played Wii U online.

2 Likes