No Man's Sky lying trailers and screenshots might be removed soon from Steam marketplace

Not sure if I should laugh or cry :<

That is setting a dangerous precedence for store pages considering almost every dev puts out bullshots

2 Likes

I believe various consumer protection advocates & advertising standards are going after Hello Games for the debacle. Starting in their own backyard - Britain.

Also Sony is a dick for throwing them under the bus. So much hype & advertising was due to Sony.

1 Like

Sgt_T8ie said in No Man's Sky lying trailers and screenshots might be removed soon from Steam marketplace:

I believe various consumer protection advocates & advertising standards are going after Hello Games for the debacle. Starting in their own backyard - Britain.

Also Sony is a dick for throwing them under the bus. So much hype & advertising was due to Sony.

I hope nothing extreme will happen to Hello Games. I believe it was Sony’s fault that the game is practically “unfinished”, rushed or whatever. More than 90% of players got their money back from the refund so I hope Hello Games won’t suffer much from whatever they are fighting against. (if they are fighting against something, that is)

Katsuo did Sony honour refunds via PS Store?

I hope that they are dealt to, pity they’re a small studio, but it would drag a lot of the industry into line - AAA has to much legal clout, but some game claims get perilously close to being false advertising. But I would think Hello’s name is mud now & they may find it hard to get future backing because of how they’ve stuffed up. Hard to get an investment when your player base drops in a month from 100k’s to the single k’s… those number drops are the realm to flash-in-the-pan mobile games, which get micro transactions to pad out their profit.

1 Like

ButtStallion does it matter if they are losing players? It won’t change the gameplay really. I still play it! Just for like 30 minutes to an hour every few weeks haha. I still say it’s a chill game. I’m cool with it.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo I dont know the game and the hype around it, I just shared some news :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sgt_T8ie said in No Man's Sky lying trailers and screenshots might be removed soon from Steam marketplace:

Katsuo did Sony honour refunds via PS Store?

I hope that they are dealt to, pity they’re a small studio, but it would drag a lot of the industry into line - AAA has to much legal clout, but some game claims get perilously close to being false advertising. But I would think Hello’s name is mud now & they may find it hard to get future backing because of how they’ve stuffed up. Hard to get an investment when your player base drops in a month from 100k’s to the single k’s… those number drops are the realm to flash-in-the-pan mobile games, which get micro transactions to pad out their profit.

Not sure about Sony. Probably not. xD
But I read somewhere an article (which wasn’t Kotaku btw) where it states that 90% of players refunded their copies of NMS on Steam. Everyone refunded except Andrew!

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo said in No Man's Sky lying trailers and screenshots might be removed soon from Steam marketplace:

ButtStallion does it matter if they are losing players? It won’t change the gameplay really. I still play it! Just for like 30 minutes to an hour every few weeks haha. I still say it’s a chill game. I’m cool with it.

It’s not about NMS losing players. It’s about players losing their trust in developers. In this case, it’s Hello Games. No one likes lies. Especially if you pay for something that you believed it was the truth :>

I love when I sound cool

ShiftySatchmo I sort of agree with you, but the point is to put up advertising that realistically describes the game. I believe the game has it’s place and if it was marketed as such it wouldn’t have the issues that they’re now facing. I’m probably going to keep it on my wishlist for when I get to the point I just want a nice, chill exploration game. I see the comments out there that if you approach the game in that manner you don’t get disappointed - the issue was, too many caught the Hype Train & got off at Destination Not-What-I-Want-ville.

I was keeping my eye on it, but there was no way I was going to buy it until I understood exactly what it was they were selling. It seemed to be sold as everything for everyone & no one can deliver that.

Katsuo said in No Man's Sky lying trailers and screenshots might be removed soon from Steam marketplace:

ShiftySatchmo said in No Man's Sky lying trailers and screenshots might be removed soon from Steam marketplace:

It’s not about NMS losing players. It’s about players losing their trust in developers. In this case, it’s Hello Games. No one likes lies. Especially if you pay for something that you believed it was the truth :>

I love when I sound cool

See, I also didn’t pay for it or anticipate it or read about it. Yay gifts! Yay no expectations!

2 Likes

ShiftySatchmo best way to be. take it as it comes.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo best way to be. take it as it comes.

I definitely kept my expectations as low as possible. It met what I anticipated.

2 Likes