No Man's Sky - Not a completed game?

I’ve been watching these reviews and I’ve been reading a lot of articles regarding No Man’s Sky and literally everyone is saying the same thing. That the game isn’t completed and that the devs have actually lied everyone for what should’ve been in the game.
I’m interested in your opinion. Is NMS worth $60? Have the developers delivered everything they promised?
I personally think that hyping a game THAT much is wrong. No Man’s Sky was overhyped to the point that I believed that the game will be one of the best games ever made. Now all I see are people who are extremely disappointed with it. I’m kinda scared that future games like Battlefield 1 or Final Fantasy XV or whatever hyped game will be actually garbage. I hope the developers of other studios and publishers won’t follow the steps Hello Games’ and won’t reach the part where they’ll lie in their upcoming games (if it’s true what people were saying about NMS).

I don’t think it is unfinished. Maybe not as much polish as it needed?

The game was absolutely overhyped. The critics that are writing bad reviews are being hypocritical. IGN said it was going to be the best game ever, then gave it a poor review. That is honestly the biggest issue. These review sites are making click bait articles to hype games, then writing negative reviews when the hype train doesn’t meet their expectations.

3 Likes

teh_g As far as I know, they gave the low score because the Sean dude (or whatever the name of that dev dude is) lied what will he deliver with the game. I mean, I remember when I saw some interview or whatever that was with Sean, a couple of months ago, he did say that there will be some large scaled space battles, that there will be tons of alive monsters to see, that you’ll be able to customize your ship and name it whatever you like and that you’ll be able to interact with other players and even fight with other players. Yet, from the review Joe has made, the game has none of that. I suggest you to find some time to watch the Angry Joe’s review. With all the rant and profanity he had, I can see the point what he was trying to say.

Katsuo said in No Man's Sky - Not a completed game?:

teh_g As far as I know, they gave the low score because the Sean dude (or whatever the name of that dev dude is) lied what will he deliver with the game. I mean, I remember when I saw some interview or whatever that was with Sean, a couple of months ago, he did say that there will be some large scaled space battles, that there will be tons of alive monsters to see, that you’ll be able to customize your ship and name it whatever you like and that you’ll be able to interact with other players and even fight with other players. Yet, from the review Joe has made, the game has none of that. I suggest you to find some time to watch the Angry Joe’s review. With all the rant and profanity he had, I can see the point what he was trying to say.

I definitely ran into a big space battle in my game. It was pretty sweet. At least until I accidentally shot the frigate I was protecting and it unloaded on me…

As for the rest, yeah, there were some things mentioned. Part of the issue is that Hello Games (and Sean) are a small indie dev team. They don’t have a PR or marketing department to filter the developers. I’ve worked in software for my whole career, and I learned quickly that most developers should not talk to customers without a plan of some kind. They will say in broad strokes, “yeah, we can do that” or “yeah, we plan on adding that”. Developers love coding and adding things. Without marketing or a project manager, they will get over their heads and over promise.

I dunno, I am sad that a lot of the stuff that was shown isn’t in the game, but I do think it is a good game from a small team. I find it easier to forgive since it is literally a 12 person team.

Worth $60? Ehh, depends on if you like this kind of thing. I love this style of game, so it is worth it to me.

3 Likes

teh_g I get ya. Still, they shouldn’t have promised some stuff if they weren’t unable to deliver it. Lying about stuff was never cool. I’m glad you’re enjoying the game! That’s the most important thing.

I think the game needs a mod-kit to be released. There are a few things yes that could have done better for sure, but the experience you get atm is really unique and the sound Design is even better then Witcher3 IMHO. I very much like the Artstyle too. and the the inventory sytem is refreshingly old-school (so it´s a taste thing, wich can be bad or good).
Yet Angry Joe himself does not totally downvote the game, he wants more things added and some things different, but the rest is still awesome, even to him.

Hello Games are 15 people and that is how this game feels too, done by 15 people and not like Witcher 3 by 350 people :wink:
And well it´s worth the price if you want a unique experience from a game and you are addicted to vintage Sci-Fi…

MeFFFlenn Yeah, Angry Joe tried to explain the pros and cons and what could’ve been done to make the game look and feel better. Which is nice.
Glad to hear different opinions. Still I’m not so sure if the game should have that price tag. But, who am I to judge something like that haha

I haven’t played much but I enjoy it so far. I’ve spent $60 on far worse games.

1 Like

A Dev lie? Surely you jest!

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo Yeah, like The Division? XD

1 Like

Sir_diealot The last time I saw a dev lie was the time when CDPR released The Witcher 3. They told us that the game will be bad. And yet, here I am, trying to figure out how to look like Geralt.

1 Like

Katsuo said in No Man's Sky - Not a completed game?:

Sir_diealot The last time I saw a dev lie was the time when CDPR released The Witcher 3. They told us that the game will be bad. And yet, here I am, trying to figure out how to look like Geralt.

Don’t recall them saying that myself. I have not been able to finish Blood and Wine because of a problem with one of my memory sticks, game gets all choppy on just 8 gig of memory. Never will I buy Kingston memory again.

Katsuo Should Call Of Duty or Overwatch have that pricetag? yet both are just just copies of previous titles with a some cosmetic changes… No Man´s Sky is all original in that way?

Sir_diealot I’m just kidding. No one ever said that haha. I’m still playing the main game. Still haven’t found Ciri. If she just could stay at one place and wait for meeeeeeeeee

1 Like

MeFFFlenn Call of Duty wasn’t quite a copy of a previous any COD titles. Each game is different. Hell, Activision is releasing each game with some extra stuff (Zombies or Spec Ops missions stuff back in MW era). Not to mention the multiplayer to keep the game up and running. So yeah, the $60 price tag is justified. I do agree on Overwatch though. You can play the same game for free. Hint (Team Fortress 2 or the new UT). I also agree that NMS is original but…does the game justify 60 euros with its content? Do you see yourself playing the game over 100 hours and constantly finding new stuff to do (excluding finding new planets to “harvest” cuz that’s like randomly generated, right?) just like you do in Witcher 3 or Fallout 4 or whatever AAA exploration game? If you do, then even better. 60 bucks well spent, I’d say! I’m not saying NMS is good or bad. I just want to figure out if the game is actually worth giving that much money.

Katsuo You just haven’t explored enough :stuck_out_tongue: All i’ll say.

Only0neKnight Regarding NMS? I haven’t. That’s why I’m asking everyone what’s their opinion about the game :v_tone4:

Katsuo Regarding TW3 :stuck_out_tongue: I wont spoil.

1 Like

Only0neKnight I just got the game ffs XD

Katsuo Slacker :stuck_out_tongue: lmao Geralt needs attention :smiley: