Nvidia 20xx series announced

2 Likes

Ah, for the casual gamer I see

2 Likes

Should change the thread title and we can dump all the new 20xx series info here. I really want to see non-synthetic benchmarks between 1080ti and 2080ti.

1 Like

I changed the title to make it more searchable.

I agree that we definitely need some benchmarks. The prices seem pretty insane…

2 Likes

I plan to survive the next 4-5 years with my gtx 1070 on a 1080p monitor. Fingers crossed :smiley:

1 Like

I think I’m probably going to try and stick with my 1080ti until the 3080 ti is a thing.

1 Like

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-rtx_2080-rtx_2070-partner-cards,37654.html

Preordering this would be a mistake. Need the real benchiesss

2 Likes

How are you liking the switch from AMD?

1 Like

Me?

I’m hoping that the amount of miners selling their old inventories & grabbing these, find out that the new hardware is horrid for crypto.

3 Likes

Yeah, didn’t you jump from 2 Fury’s?

Ahhhh when I read that I thought you were making a weird joke about Nintendo Switch :laughing:

2 Likes

Nice so far. It’s too bad AMD only makes mid-range and budget cards now.

I’m making the jump over in my next build, whenever that is. I started with Nvidia when my built in card sucked and couldn’t play Max Payne 1

I’m going to try to hold out until 2020 to see what AMD does. Either way, the retail on the 2080 is more towards $800 which I can’t justify. My max is $500-600

Or what about a 10-gen gpu?

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/best-nvidia-gpu-deals,37668.html

I’ve seen some interesting theories on this. People seem to think at least one of the new GPUs will match the 1080 Ti in performance.

I’ve seen some interesting theories as well about the new gen cards that there won’t be such a big jump in performance like between the 9-gen and 10-gen, only in games with ray tracing and synthetic benchmarks. We need tests from neutral sources. So don’t preorder video cards just yet :smiley:

Maybe the 2060 will be better than a 1080.

1 Like