October 2016 -- Changelog

10/6/2016

Config Changes

• Upgraded to nodeBB 1.2.1
    • This was a big deal to upgrade immediately. I try to upgrade during lower use times, but there was a terrible bug in 1.2.0 that allowed admins and global moderators to read any chat message with relative ease. While I can still technically read chats, it is now hard and requires a lot of effort. I also requested a plugin that allows chats to be encrypted. I really have no desire or plans on reading any chat messages, and I want to make them as private as possible. If it wasn’t crazy expensive, I’d go so far as to pay the nodeBB devs to make the plugin to make me feel better…

10/3/2016

Config Changes

• Upgraded to latest nodeBB
    • Mostly minor changes it seems, nothing huge

To Do List

• Add ranks (just need to decide on ranks)
  • More info around peoples avatars (maybe hover actions?)

Rank 1: Shit Buiscuit
Rank 2: Almost a Lurker
Rank 3: Lurker
Rank 4: Spammer
etc… :smiley:

MeFFFlenn said in October 2016 -- Changelog:

Rank 1: Shit Buiscuit
Rank 2: Almost a Lurker
Rank 3: Lurker
Rank 4: Spammer
etc… :smiley:

How will ranks be given?! It is such a choice.

Katsuo gets the no. 1 spammer rank from the beginning :smiley:

1 Like

ButtStallion Just name the highest rank after him?

1 Like

I’m not spamming :’(

I’m just…I’m not!

3 Likes

Sgt_T8ie Yes, he deserves it :smiley:

2 Likes

teh_g For certain actions like responding a topic being such action, or creating Articles, or being online in the forum for a certain amount of time, for giving upvotes, for receiving upvotes etc… it´s all in the Database :wink:

1 Like

teh_g hey in case I haven’t said it or you haven’t heard it recently: I really appreciate the work you put into this little place on the internet.

2 Likes

Sgt_T8ie said in October 2016 -- Changelog:

teh_g hey in case I haven’t said it or you haven’t heard it recently: I really appreciate the work you put into this little place on the internet.

Glad I can help you guys out. I love having this place for us. Now to get more people here…

Also, I did another upgrade today.

3 Likes