partnering with other sites

schlitty said in partnering with other sites:

Is there a lot of “guest” traffic here or something? Not to be rude, but I’m surprised this little “tribe” of lost souls is garnering attention from anybody!

I prefer the small crowds but I also frequent larger forums about various hobbies/interests and there’s upsides to more people and more discussions. More people always raises the chance of bad apples of course too. Maybe wait until the election cycle is over before pointing more curious eyes this way just to be safe. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

We mostly talk about video games and hardware, so there’s likely a large amount of traffic sent here via google searches.

4 Likes

gord0 said in partnering with other sites:

schlitty said in partnering with other sites:

Is there a lot of “guest” traffic here or something? Not to be rude, but I’m surprised this little “tribe” of lost souls is garnering attention from anybody!

I prefer the small crowds but I also frequent larger forums about various hobbies/interests and there’s upsides to more people and more discussions. More people always raises the chance of bad apples of course too. Maybe wait until the election cycle is over before pointing more curious eyes this way just to be safe. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

We mostly talk about video games and hardware, so there’s likely a large amount of traffic sent here via google searches.

It’s true. My friend told me he searched the ewin racing chair and this site came up before theirs haha.

1 Like

If and or when we partner, just keep the padded room for us originals… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ub6 said in partnering with other sites:

If and or when we partner, just keep the padded room for us originals… :slight_smile:

Yeah! Make the padded room only visible and accessible to those of us here now, and when you do ranks, or titles or whatever, give us the option to use founding member or something like that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Polekatt said in partnering with other sites:

Yeah! Make the padded room only visible and accessible to those of us here now, and when you do ranks, or titles or whatever, give us the option to use founding member or something like that. :slight_smile:

I do probably need to do that :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Personally, I think it can be great. The best thing is that as your not actively looking to make money from GX, you can be as harsh with the stipulations for any agreement you like. Just be honest with them and tell them we are happy being small and mostly drama free. Point them to rule numero uno and see what they have to say. You’d actually be surprised that companies and sites like little groups like ours as they can see we are generally quite close and friendly and they feel they would stand a better chance of getting a real opinion on things here, rather than just a fan girl opinion.

Personally, I would see what they have to offer and what they want. The amount of options is endless, they may just want to have certain things posted, in return for posting the GX link on their site or Blog. I could go on for days about what ifs and maybes, lol.

I’m far from an expert but do have some experience in similar matters so feel free to shoot me a message at any time if you’d like.

2 Likes

LetsGetIt1220 said in partnering with other sites:

Personally, I think it can be great. The best thing is that as your not actively looking to make money from GX, you can be as harsh with the stipulations for any agreement you like. Just be honest with them and tell them we are happy being small and mostly drama free. Point them to rule numero uno and see what they have to say. You’d actually be surprised that companies and sites like little groups like ours as they can see we are generally quite close and friendly and they feel they would stand a better chance of getting a real opinion on things here, rather than just a fan girl opinion.

Personally, I would see what they have to offer and what they want. The amount of options is endless, they may just want to have certain things posted, in return for posting the GX link on their site or Blog. I could go on for days about what ifs and maybes, lol.

I’m far from an expert but do have some experience in similar matters so feel free to shoot me a message at any time if you’d like.

But has anyone offered you chili dogs? That’s what we’re after

4 Likes

ShiftySatchmo Chili Dogs no! Beer and Jager bombs, yes :wink: Sometimes you just have to take what is given to you and be happy :smiley:

3 Likes

ShiftySatchmo Chili Dogs no! Beer and Jager bombs, yes :wink: Sometimes you just have to take what is given to you and be happy :smiley:

Beer, yay! Jager is nasty though.

4 Likes

ShiftySatchmo said in partnering with other sites:

Jäger bombs not just Jäger, you alcohol noob. It tastes 50 times better but you get devastated with 2 shots :grin:

Katsuo said in partnering with other sites:

ShiftySatchmo said in partnering with other sites:

Jäger bombs not just Jäger, you alcohol noob. It tastes 50 times better but you get devastated with 2 shots :grin:

Or you can be a respectable human being and drink boilermakers instead?

1 Like

I’m not fussed either way. I love the vibe we have here & that it’s ended up drama free without having anything more than the founding tenet “Don’t be a dick”. But I’ve invited other IRL friends here to see what we have & to get them involved - so the option to get more active members here would be great.

I was all excited for the chilly dogs - as puppies in sweaters are cute af
Then it was chili dogs & I was all “mmmmm chili dogs”
And now its Beer & Jagers & I’m down with that too. Piloting a huge Robo-Mech while sipping a sharp craft Pilsner = awesome; but never battle Kaiju drunk

3 Likes

Sgt_T8ie

Just imagine a Chilly Dog, eating a Chilli Dog while drinking a beer!

3 Likes

I vote small … if we grow, then better slowly and not as rushed as erm the site we were coming from.

1 Like

When I typed chilly dogs, I was thinking, hey, something about that doesn’t look right.

But I posted anyway! :slight_smile:

:wind_blowing_face: :dog:

1 Like

MeFFFlenn said in partnering with other sites:

I vote small … if we grow, then better slowly and not as rushed as erm the site we were coming from.

Wasn’t going to bring up the past… but I have noticed a lack of ninja’s here.

4 Likes

I’ll add that I have enough trouble keeping up with unreads and tags here as is

4 Likes

I am not against it, but be sure to have an attorney look into any paperwork that may dictate what can and can’t be posted. Also find out if they have a good relationship with other sites.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo administrators maybe we need another mod then?

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo administrators maybe we need another mod then?

Oh, I just meant unreads and notifications for fun. It has been months since I’ve had to seriously moderate anything. Usually now I just have to move Arsononion posts to the right categories XD

3 Likes