PowerColor

Well, I got my graphics card via fedex today. Let it be said my next GPU will in fact be from PowerColor as they did me right, I did not recieve a R9 270 TurboDuo Instead… I got a 2gb R9 270X which is a very nice upgrade to say the least coming standard at 1100/1425 compared to the TurboDuo that was standard 925/1400.

Nice! I love when companies do stuff like that.

1 Like

Congratulations.

That is not a small difference in the clock speed, nice one, it worth the trouble :wink:

I’ve not had probs with powercolor either. I have two powercolor r9 290x cards in my secondary rig. : ]

gord0 Im loving it, 50-90fps depending where I am and what it has to render lol

gord0 I suggest you get a third one because Half Life 3 confirmed‎ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Katsuo said in PowerColor:

I have no plans to upgrade the secondary rig beyond maybe adding more storeage…plus I have two Fury X cards in my main rig : ]

gord0 said in PowerColor:

I have no plans to upgrade the secondary rig beyond maybe adding more storeage…plus I have two Fury X cards in my main rig : ]

Valve: Half Life 2, Portal 2, Left for Dead 2
Gordon: 290x (x2), Fury X (x2).

It’s confirmed. You work for Valve. Can’t count to three.

1 Like

gord0 said in PowerColor:

Valve: Half Life 2, Portal 2, Left for Dead 2
Gordon: 290x (x2), Fury X (x2).

It’s confirmed. You work for Valve. Can’t count to three.

More accurately, more than two cards provides almost no performance improvement and in some cases causes worse performance…however 3 half-lifes would perform well for valve’s wallet and my sanity : ]

2 Likes