Prey

So this is my next game and I am so proud of Bethesda for one thing they’ve never ever done before. Perfect performance out of the box. 1440p60 at max settings in crossfire. If the other usual Bethesda bugs are present, I haven’t encountered them yet. Albeit this game has been out over 6 months I think, so there may have been multiple patches and amd driver optimizations. But right now, performance is perfect.

So far it feels like fallout 4 but not in a future not based on the 50s.

Will post more later.

Looks fun, at some point I might get it as well.

THAT GAME LOOKS LIEK HALF LIFE 3 HEEEEHEEEEe

katsuo Heretic

1 Like

katsuo said in Prey:

THAT GAME LOOKS LIEK HALF LIFE 3 HEEEEHEEEEe

It would be so nice to find some secret that turned out to be hl3. Heck, even just hl2 ep3 would be fine.

gord0 At this point, I don’t really care if there is a new hl coming out or not. I don’t remember anything hl related to be honest lol

katsuo Burn heretic

katsuo said in Prey:

gord0 At this point, I don’t really care if there is a new hl coming out or not. I don’t remember anything hl related to be honest lol

I figure the reason they’re not doing a hl3 is because the hype is so high they could never match it. But, Hl2 Ep3 could totally be done. It’s short, no one is expecting their mind to be blown, and it will provide closure to the story arc.

1 Like

So it turns out that it crashes sometimes when you die and it always crashes when you quit. The culprit: crossfire. Good news though, still get a solid 60 in single card mode.

So yeah, the game is good so far. Not mind blowing, but good enough to beat. May or may not change that determination after I play more.

Well I just beat it!

For bethesda it’s really quite good. For a space station horror, it’s also quite good. For a bethesda game, I actually had no bugs other than crossfire caused crashing sometimes, but it still ran solid in single card mode.

The game kept kicking you in the balls, just giving you barely enough to progress…but when you progress you’re like FUCK YEAH!

One gripe that is not exclusive to Bethesda games: IF YOU’RE GOING TO BE FUCKING LAZY AND USE VIDEO CLIP CUT SCENES, MAKE THEM LOOK THE SAME OR BETTER THAN MAX SETTINGS!!! I played the whole thing at a solid 1440p60 at max settings. The credits cut scene was a low quality, low framerate video clip that looked like it was from 2007. Seriously game devs, video clip cut scenes are garbage. They also take up a huge chunk of storage space. Stop being lazy cunts!

I do recommend this game!

5 Likes

gord0 I hate when games do cutscenes like that!

1 Like

shiftysatchmo said in Prey:

gord0 I hate when games do cutscenes like that!

Fortunately there’s almost no cut scenes.

Damn this game is good

I’ve pretty much forgotten most of it. lol

I had to wait for a good sale, but totally worth it, the kind of immersive sim I love so much.