PS4 pro or PS4 Slim? and why?

Suggest me Guys

Pro = Performance. Slim = less $ for less performance. Buy pro. If you cant afford pro, buy nothing, save for pro

2 Likes

Same console. One is meant for 4k screens, the other for 1080p. Some AAA games run 1080p60 on pro if you want that 60fps. I’m using ps4 slim on a 4k screen and games look amazing.

katsuo at 4 fps kekekekekeeee

2 Likes

But seriously, it is not just about 4k. Pro has higher performance due to more CPU and RAM steroids, therefore games that take advantage of the increased processing power will play better on pro… sounds just like pc logic, don’t it?

1 Like

Exhibit A being The Last Guardian.

1 Like

few says if i dont have 4k then no need for pro. but in 1080p if i get better fps ofc i will get pro. but my question is that 60 fps or better performance is it in all game or few? or like very few? can u give me some names?

dante You have tons of games that run 60 fps on both consoles. But most bigger AAA games are 30 fps locked. Very few games have the 60 fps option. Nier Automata, every free to play game, The Last of Us, crash bandicoot trilogy are just few that are 60 fps on both consoles. Games that are 60 on pro and 30 on slim… Eh, Horizon and Ff15 are the ones that I can remember lol

katsuo said in PS4 pro or PS4 Slim? and why?:

dante You have tons of games that run 60 fps on both consoles. But most bigger AAA games are 30 fps locked. Very few games have the 60 fps option. Nier Automata, every free to play game, The Last of Us, crash bandicoot trilogy are just few that are 60 fps on both consoles. Games that are 60 on pro and 30 on slim… Eh, Horizon and Ff15 are the ones that I can remember lol

Stop being so pro weak lol

Get pro. I don’t have a 4k monitor but I did play the last of us at a solid 1080p60 with improved quality settings. I did play The Last Guardian at a mostly solid 30fps.
Some games will have ps4 pro options. Some don’t. But the last of the 3 ps4 iterations to be discontinued will be ps4 pro. Overall better choice regardless of resolution.

1 Like

God of War ps4 pro options:
“There are a number of different options for God of War on PS4 Pro, from ones which increase performance, to ones which enhance fidelity. It’s worth noting that if you’re playing the game on a PS4 Pro and 1080p screen, the game will automatically enable 4K super-sampling. This results in 4K-like visuals, even without a 4K monitor. The other PS4 Pro options can be found in God of War’s settings menu and include Favor Resolution or Favor Performance.
The Favor Resolution option adds visual improvements and produces a crisper, sharper image. This mode is locked at 30fps in order to present the game at the elevated resolution. The other option, Favor Performance, allows the game to run at a higher framerate. It’s not explicitly detailed exactly what the increased framerate is, but it definitely makes the action a lot smoother.”

Unless it saves you a lot of money, don’t get the God of War special edition ps4 pro. It just looks obnoxious!

gord0 In my opinion, whatever he gets, he’s gonna enjoy the games. I know I am. The bigger problem is the price of the games. At least for me. 70 euros for a new ps4 game is suckyyyyy. Then there is the ps plus which is not bad but not good either. Then there is the disgusting ice cream I just ate, which is worse than the 24 fps the human eye can see.

gord0 In my opinion, whatever he gets, he’s gonna enjoy the games. I know I am. The bigger problem is the price of the games. At least for me. 70 euros for a new ps4 game is suckyyyyy. Then there is the ps plus which is not bad but not good either. Then there is the disgusting ice cream I just ate, which is worse than the 24 fps the human eye can see.

Used physical copies and grey market keys though.

okay then…pro it is :slight_smile:

1 Like

gord0 said in PS4 pro or PS4 Slim? and why?:

Used physical copies and grey market keys though.

Not everyone has an option to buy used games, old padawan. Keys are rare and not really cheaper.

I have 4k and always choose the performance enhancements at 1080 instead of 4k. It is way more noticable. Pro is the way to go. HDR is always great though if you do have a display to support it.

Buy the pro it’s amazingggghhhhh

1 Like

I know this won’t help you, but if anyone in the US is looking for a pro.

shiftysatchmo said in PS4 pro or PS4 Slim? and why?:

I know this won’t help you, but if anyone in the US is looking for a pro.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/320-ps4-pro-at-target-through-april-28-in-the-us/1100-6458419/

I didn’t click it, but the picture is of a slim.