Retro Games

What were some of your favorite games when you started? This is the second PC game I remember playing, Galaxian. I think the first was called Gorf maybe, played it on a Commodore Macintosh in school.

4 Likes

p3ssimist_gΛming said in Retro Games:

I have seen videos of that one, but have never played it myself.

Sir_diealot Still have it, My brother and I played the shit out of it when we were young and the cards that you slid into the numbpad controller is so worn out and see what number do what for the game lol

2 Likes

Sir_diealot Still have it, My brother and I played the shit out of it when we were young and the cards that you slid into the numbpad controller is so worn out and see what number do what for the game lol

Sounds like a ton of fun, did not have a brother and sisters were only into the Atari 2600 for the first month or so.

2 Likes

Zmajuga Ah yes! I remember playing that one in the school computers! I believe I started with Pac-Man though myself! Or Super Mario Land.

1 Like

I LOVED this game. This was my first LAN party game. We played it with three computers hooked together with 25 pin serial connectors on Scavenger 's kitchen table.

2 Likes

I LOVE BURGERTIME

1 Like

Moved to Gaming

1 Like

I was lucky enough to have a Atari 2600 and then NES in my youngest days. But first actual PC game I remember clearly playing was Rescue Rangers on 5.25" floppy disk.

Another early one; My elementary school around that time had Mac’s and of course Oregon Trail.

1 Like

I remember those things for the Atari. I was a little shit though, I managed to kill all my controllers. I’m unsure what happened to the console and games, but I imagine my mother got rid if them at some point.

First game I remember playing was Sonic the Hedgehog. Didn’t get into PC gaming until the early '00s though. First PC game I got was “Sonic the Hedgehog collection” lol So even though it was years later it still started in the same place.

alt text

One of my early favorites was an Atari game where you had to trap lightning bolts with the lines your ship left behind you. Can’t remember the name of it for the life of me :frowning:

Zmajuga said in Retro Games:

I think I remember this one.

Alex said in Retro Games:

Zmajuga Ah yes! I remember playing that one in the school computers! I believe I started with Pac-Man though myself! Or Super Mario Land.
I remember Pac-Man on the Atari but not on the PC when I was young.

Polekatt said in Retro Games:

I LOVED this game. This was my first LAN party game. We played it with three computers hooked together with 25 pin serial connectors on Scavenger 's kitchen table.

Looks kinda like Risk for the PC

ShiftySatchmo said in Retro Games:

Moved to Gaming

Thank you, brain not active enough to choose category correctly today :frowning:

1 Like

schlitty said in Retro Games:

I was lucky enough to have a Atari 2600 and then NES in my youngest days. But first actual PC game I remember clearly playing was Rescue Rangers on 5.25" floppy disk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va77E_KJnz4

Another early one; My elementary school around that time had Mac’s and of course Oregon Trail.

I have never seen this one, looks like it was a blast though.

1 Like

MyLifeForAiur said in Retro Games:

First game I remember playing was Sonic the Hedgehog. Didn’t get into PC gaming until the early '00s though. First PC game I got was “Sonic the Hedgehog collection” lol So even though it was years later it still started in the same place.

MyLifeForAiur said in Retro Games:

That was a pretty popular series in that time frame.

1 Like