Ryzen 3rd Gen or 2nd Gen?

Which would be the better upgrade path 2700x or Ryzen 5 3600x? x470 or x570? With all this new AMD Tech coming im a little lost lol.

Just Google it. They have comparison charts all over the place

I’m still rocking fx6300 best money ever spent.

1 Like

FX 8320 here but wanting to upgrade and get on the ddr4 platform so when I upgrade my graphics card I dont have a huge bottleneck

Are they introducing a new socket or something?

No, just a new motherboard x570 and a faster CPU supposedly with a better IPC and such.

In that case just check out comparisons online. If it’s the same socket, you can always upgrade again later.

2 Likes

It’s magically compatible

If you can, go for 3rd gen, if not, make sure that the board is forward compatible and you’re good to go :slight_smile:

Wait for the 5th gen

To far off, PC may not even last that long that I have now lol

The new chips coming out on July 7th will have pretty decent improvements over the older generation. There are some leaked benchmarks out there. I am half tempted to upgrade from my Ryzen 7 1800X to one of the newer ones…

1 Like

I’ll wait for another year and half for my mortgage to end and then go for a new Ryzen build. Hopefully my i5 haswell will manage until then. So far I can’t complain.

Yea, I think ill wait 1 month more before I start the Ryzen upgrade and see about a GPU Upgrade this month… cause The Ryzen 5 3600/3600x is looking nice :wink:

1 Like