Ryzen (AMD Zen)

ShiftySatchmo If you get that, I’ll leave GX.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo Mine would be strictly for work :confused: same as my 6700K that I’ve never even properly had a go on except for benchmarking lol.

Should be fun though, just need to raise the funds now :smiley:

1 Like

Katsuo said in Ryzen (AMD Zen):

ShiftySatchmo If you get that, I’ll leave GX.

Where do I donate to the cause :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

LetsGetIt1220 Everyone hates me :frowning:

1 Like

Katsuo I hate no one, I just enjoy being an asshole :smiley:

3 Likes

Katsuo it’s not my fault Asus makes good mobos

The HYPE is real! I see all the posts for this today and I’m like I want me some of that! Then I think to myself, self you barely used the 2 PC’s you have! No need to waste more money!

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo I’m just kidding. Buy it and I will secretly hate and love you. But I’m 100% sure there will be at least 700 times better mobos than that pile of mud ASUS is making. What’s wrong with Gigabyte’s Aorus. It’s at least pretty!

1 Like

Spinalfailed You’ll win the CPU and mobo in a giveaway anyway XD

3 Likes

1 Like

Katsuo you think? I’ve only entered 1 competition!

I can not wait, I am in the works now of working things out money wise… I have already decided my route for it…The biggest decision point was the fact that the R7 1700 was not only 8 cores 16 threads but also unlocked. I won’t be able to pre order all this or even buy it all at once but my firm decision is on the R7 1700 Upgrade path for my self and then using the FX 8320 stuff I have to build my cousin a PC. Im trying not to have a repeat of the past several months before my last upgrade with all the decision changing.

R7 1700
MSI B350 Tomahawk
2x8gb Team Elite 2133 DDR4 (Upgraded later to include 2 more sticks to make 32gb)

Currently priced at - $541.97 with current pre order pricing…

I researched this compared another build I was looking at.

I5-7600k
MSI Z270-A Pro
4x4gb G.Skill Ares 2133mhz
ARCTIC COOLING Liquid Freezer 120

$555 (Roughly give or take a few cents)

Spinalfailed Doesn’t matter, you win alot of good things :stuck_out_tongue:

I definitely will get one in Spring / Summer. I miss having more than four threads…

RYZEN 1800X preordered! Incoming with ROG Crosshair VI Hero and 32 gigs of HyperX Predator DDR4. :smiley:

4 Likes

Zmajuga

1 Like

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-7-1800x-cpu,4951.html

The Anandtech review was great. Looks like Ryzen is a winner to me.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11170/the-amd-zen-and-ryzen-7-review-a-deep-dive-on-1800x-1700x-and-1700

2 Likes