Shadow of Woe

gord0 that’s lame as f… XD but hey in my state state takes a lot as well lol

gord0 It is not WB fault as far as the excluded states go, some states prohibit it by law. Pretty stupid laws imo but that is how it is. I do agree it should be worldwide purchases.

sir_diealot said in Shadow of Woe:

gord0 It is not WB fault as far as the excluded states go, some states prohibit it by law. Pretty stupid laws imo but that is how it is. I do agree it should be worldwide purchases.

It would be simple for WB to make donations on their own accord simply by counting how many sales there were. As long as they don’t pay the donations from the same pocket as the game sales the laws don’t apply…and any company, let alone WB, has many compartmentalized pockets for the sole purpose of legal loopholes.

1 Like

gord0 I’ll just buy that DLC and pirate the game XD

1 Like

walruswitalys said in Shadow of Woe:

gord0 I’ll just buy that DLC and pirate the game XD

I’m not going to try the game any sooner than one year from launch so I don’t count towards their launch sales nor contribute to numbers that will help them plan the game’s future. If it’s still shity, I’ll return it.

1 Like

gord0 said in Shadow of Woe:

It would be simple for WB to make donations on their own accord simply by counting how many sales there were. As long as they don’t pay the donations from the same pocket as the game sales the laws don’t apply…and any company, let alone WB, has many compartmentalized pockets for the sole purpose of legal loopholes. You forget they get certain tax breaks when it is done this way.

gord0 said in Shadow of Woe:

It would be simple for WB to make donations on their own accord simply by counting how many sales there were. As long as they don’t pay the donations from the same pocket as the game sales the laws don’t apply…and any company, let alone WB, has many compartmentalized pockets for the sole purpose of legal loopholes.

You forget they get certain tax breaks when it is done this way.

Which is the original point. If they gave a flying fuck about the guy, every sale would be a donation to the family (no matter what paperwork they had to do). The whole thing is an obvious cash grab at the expense of a dead guy now. The fucking game was already a dumpster fire with all the retarded microtransactions and tiered game editions, etc. They would have been better off doing nothing… publicly anyway.

1 Like

gord0 I still disagree, if you could help somebody by making a donation and not hurt yourself why not do it? I don’t know that it is a dumpster fire, I am looking forward to it myself though I will not likely ever do a micro transaction. I wanted the Mithril Edition myself just to get the statue. Only think I have ever purchased like that before is the Witcher 3 Collectors Edition and I am still glad I did.

1 Like

gord0 I still disagree, if you could help somebody by making a donation and not hurt yourself why not do it? I don’t know that it is a dumpster fire, I am looking forward to it myself though I will not likely ever do a micro transaction. I wanted the Mithril Edition myself just to get the statue. Only think I have ever purchased like that before is the Witcher 3 Collectors Edition and I am still glad I did.

The microtransactions are pay to win, therefore the game is tweaked to be harder/more boring to make you buy loot boxes. A quick youtube search and you’ll find everything that wb has done to fuck the game up. This dead man’s profit shit is just the icing.

They’re basically saying their content isn’t worth playing properly, so just pay to skip/cheat. Then they use that dead man dlc to get fake good pr. Yeah, a portion of a portion of the sales goes to a donation, the majority doesn’t. When it comes to something like this…yeah fuck with the game, we’re used to the wb dick in the ass…fuck with the surviving loved ones of a dead man… that’s beyond konami filth.

Even youtubers covering this turned off monetization on the videos.

2 Likes

gord0 agreed - this game dropped from my consideration, to a wait until a long time has passed, before touching with the announcement of loot boxes. I watched TB’s video last night & the latest issue just reinforces this is not a publisher I feel comfortable with providing any money to.

The lack of clarity over the donations is disgusting & does look like profiteering. They’ve stated they won’t look at passing on any international sales to the charity. There are many better ways WB could’ve handled this… but none of those would’ve supported pre-ordering the game & DLC.

Also note: for every $5 DLC purchase “WB will donate $3.50” this means that WB can claim that money as a donation themselves & write off at least a portion of that money… fuck right off.

And what’s more, people die all the time on dev teams. Normally they get a dedication at the beginning or end credits of the game…if they’re mentioned at all. No one ever does a “support the family” dlc bullshit. On top of that the family is fine for money. Look at the husband/father they lost. He was making decent coin. They’re fine for money without the donations. It’s not like the family is starving in north africa. The whole thing is just the diarrhea toping in this shit sundae. Donating to a cancer charity would have been the only logical place to donate the money even with the the minuscule portion of the dlc sales they’re using.

1 Like

I went back and played Shadow of Mordor again. I was super excited for this game but after this and the single player loot boxes I think I’m going to wait off on the sequel.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

buttstallion said in Shadow of Woe:

Middle-earth: Shadow of War's memorial DLC goes free | Rock Paper Shotgun

Now they just need to fuck off with the loot boxes and it’ll be a good game : ]

2 Likes
1 Like

gord0 Really, next year during the Steam Summer Sale, this game is a must buy :smiley: Until that avoid it :smiley:

buttstallion This game will be a must buy when it’s $4 on Bundlestars

buttstallion said in Shadow of Woe:

gord0 Really, next year during the Steam Summer Sale, this game is a must buy :smiley: Until that avoid it :smiley:

I’m going a step further, I’m not even considering buying it until 1 year from launch day.

Zero fucks given to this game since they announced loot box microtransactions.

The feeble attempt to explain them away meets with a solid Taitie “yeah, nah, go fuck yourself.”

At some point I’ll buy it, for a pittance & it will need to be shown that the loot box mechanic doesn’t fuck up the single player gameplay.

Remember, even Blizzard were taught the lesson, don’t push your customers down an aggressive aftermarket pricing structure with D3 & I’d say that if they hadn’t pissed about with the Auction House (& the obvious manner in which loot dropped solely for the purpose of putting it on the AH) the game would have a much stronger following than it currently does.