Should not have spent so much on holidays I guess..

My GPU is dead. No gaming for me anymore unless the onboard… oh wait… I don’t have onboard video. Sigh.

One monitor, and many many green dots and lines, anytime it gets annoyed by any kind of use other than a forum it shuts down completely.

Anyone have a spare $350 CDN so I can get a new card? lol

I’ll be around here on my phone to continue to harass you all so don’t go cheering about me being gone just yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just get a cheapo entry level to hold you over? Way back when my 460 died I got a 6670 or whatever to hold me over. Ran new Vegas in 720p mmmm

1 Like

I will live without until I get that 1070 or 80… depends on how I feel, half way there for the 1070 with the expendable cash. Hate having to live cheque to check (2nd spelling for the US citizens :stuck_out_tongue: ) at the moment, but hey… such is life.

Oh I still have 20 days left on my warranty, submitted an RMA request… fingers crossed.

1 Like

Ub6 The RMA should cover it. Depending on who it is it could be a week or two to get the new card. Sometimes they are crazy fast though.

teh_g said in Should not have spent so much on holidays I guess..:

Ub6 The RMA should cover it. Depending on who it is it could be a week or two to get the new card. Sometimes they are crazy fast though.

Here’s hoping, it is EVGA so should be okay. If not they have a B Stock 980ti for 379 US (almost 500 CDN), it’s not the 1070 I would want…a but it is still pretty decent and it’s cheaper by 170ish CDN too.

Maybe they will just send me one instead. (one can wish)

RMA approved, packing it up now for shipping. EVGA rocks.

2 Likes

Ub6 said in Should not have spent so much on holidays I guess..:

Yeah since they fixed their crap policy from 6 years ago. I’m still salty haha. I’ll never buy EVGA again.

ShiftySatchmo said in Should not have spent so much on holidays I guess..:

Yeah since they fixed their crap policy from 6 years ago. I’m still salty haha. I’ll never buy EVGA again.

Well I have been lucky as this is the first (knock wood) thing I have ever had a problem with outside of a hard drive and in that situation WD told me to pound sand… I still use their stuff but only until everything goes SSD for me.

I know you don’t care but I am using this as a post count padding thread for myself now. :package:

Card packed up and sent off should be there next week and if I am lucky the new one will be back the following week, if I am REALLY lucky it will be a newer upgraded card as the 780s are no longer.

Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

I know you don’t care but I am using this as a post count padding thread for myself now. :package:

Card packed up and sent off should be there next week and if I am lucky the new one will be back the following week, if I am REALLY lucky it will be a newer upgraded card as the 780s are no longer.

Fingers crossed.

That would be nice if they sent you a newer one. I have heard tales of companies doing that.

1 Like

It definitely is not unheard of to get an upgrade via RMA as long as they have no new old stock laying around. I speak from experience! When one of my 270’s died and I RMA’d it in to MSI, they no longer had any and offered me a 370. After a little back and forth explaining I was “losing out” on CrossFire they sent me a 380 4gb. Which still might have the full horsepower of 2x 270’s when everything goes exactly right with CrossFire. But everything rarely rarely rarrrrrrrrrely goes right with CrossFire. Absolute blessing in disguise my card died, so much happier with the single card. And I was able to give the other 270 to someone who could make use of it! :slight_smile:

Good luck!

1 Like

teh_g said in Should not have spent so much on holidays I guess..:

Fingers crossed.

That would be nice if they sent you a newer one. I have heard tales of companies doing that.

I’ve heard of Gigabyte doing that a few times.

1 Like

Dang, I get a new 780 SC and it does not qualify for their step up program as it is a replacement, not a new purchase.

Oh well good enough until I decide to pull the trigger on a 1070 or 80. I was going to buy it today but went and got tires for the truck instead… oddly enough almost the same price as the gpu. lol

3 Likes

Those sneaky folks over at EVGA pulled a fast one. They sent me a new 970 SSC not the 780 SC they told me I was getting back. :slight_smile: It will be here by the time I get home from work tomorrow.

Goody goody goody.

2 Likes

Those sneaky folks over at EVGA pulled a fast one. They sent me a new 970 SSC not the 780 SC they told me I was getting back. :slight_smile: It will be here by the time I get home from work tomorrow.

Goody goody goody.

That is awesome! You scored nicely on that.