Starcraft Remastered

Long overdue! Cool stuff. I still have my SC and Broodwar discs. I never got into the MP but I played through that campaign a few times. Seeing StarCraft at my friend’s house is why I asked my parents for a PC back in like '99. We hadn’t ever upgraded past our old Packard Bell and 5.25 floppies. Got a cheap eMachines and spent my High School years playing SC, TFC, and others. Good times.

2 Likes

I am hoping they add this to Battle.net along with Warcraft 1-3.

2 Likes

teh_g In the article they said the remastered will have a fully intergated battlenet support with online and lan matches. Now we only need a warcraft remastered, and I am finished collecting games from Blizzard for a time :smiley:

1 Like

The patch is out and I managed to download and launch the game for free from the battle.net pc app. Who is up for a match? :smiley:

Pre-purchase StarCraft: Remastered – blizz.ly/SCRPre-purchase - 14.99 EUR
Release date: 08.14.2017

2 Likes

ButtStallion That’s surprisingly cheap. I thought Blizzard wants a lot of $$$. I might even buy this with WoW gold.

1 Like

Sweet, that’s a reasonable price.

Katsuo I want a copy as well, thanks.

1 Like

Or the Diablo 3 battlechest which is on sale now. :smiley:

Katsuo said in Starcraft Remastered:

ButtStallion That’s surprisingly cheap. I thought Blizzard wants a lot of $$$. I might even buy this with WoW gold.

No way man. Save your gold to buy me Destiny 2 like you promised <3

ShiftySatchmo Destiny 2, come on…with that price, I can get both SC1 remastered and Diablo 3 Battlechest :smiley:

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo said in Starcraft Remastered:

Katsuo said in Starcraft Remastered:

No way man. Save your gold to buy me Destiny 2 like you promised <3

I think I already have enough for one copy of Destiny 2. I should grind for another copy till August or September. We’ll see how much the token prices will go down.

1 Like

ButtStallion said in Starcraft Remastered:

ShiftySatchmo Destiny 2, come on…with that price, I can get both SC1 remastered and Diablo 3 Battlechest :smiley:

Actually you can buy 2 copies of both D3 and SC1R for one Destiny 2 XD

1 Like

Katsuo worth it?

ShiftySatchmo All I have to do is to collect herbs 10k times and sell it on auction. So yeah, it probably is worth xD

1 Like

Started the game today. Looks amazing, and the cool feature is you can turn on and off the remastered hd textures with F5 in an instant. Here is a comparison:

Another one:

And just some random ones:

3 Likes

Downloaded it. The first game I all nighted, whilst doing a micro experiment at uni. 32.5 hours awake. Drove home like a zombie and to this day the best decision I made was to play this game all night, followed by the worst decision to drive home the next afternoon.

3 Likes

Well I just found my time sink for the next few weeks. Happy camper.

BTW: How bad are the cut scenes quality 17 years on? :slight_smile:

1 Like

trainsmash Not bad. Just funny sometimes. :smiley: They are not remastered, or I could not see the difference. But they are 16:9 so a bit better :smiley:

1 Like

I only played Killing floor and Starcraft on my old PC which i had for 12 years XD