Steam Store might be getting some gigantic UI changes!

Yaaay, new stuff!

I can only dream. The UI is pretty awful for Steam. As much as I dislike EA, Origin has done a pretty good job of setting up their UI.

2 Likes

teh_g said in Steam Store might be getting some gigantic UI changes!:

I can only dream. The UI is pretty awful for Steam. As much as I dislike EA, Origin has done a pretty good job of setting up their UI.

I made a Steam account 4 years ago and I think they slightly changed the store UI in the last 4 years. It was about time they started changing stuff! I hope theyā€™ll color it in pink.

2 Likes

Katsuo I alreayd changed mine pink. Itā€™s really the way to go.

2 Likes

MyLifeForAiur said in Steam Store might be getting some gigantic UI changes!:

Katsuo I alreayd changed mine pink. Itā€™s really the way to go.

You understand!! Pink is the future!

2 Likes

Well Iā€™m all for more options and filters and control on the user end! Iā€™m not a huge fan of umm I dunno the word haha. But ā€˜cateredā€™ or ā€˜curatedā€™ lists like Steam seemed like it wanted to switch towards awhile back. Like how Netflix on my ā€˜smartā€™ TV I canā€™t just list things A-Z its just a bunch of random categories an algorithm decided I might like and after 5minutes of browsing I end up watching nothing lol. I mean I know more and more companies do it and all these marketing agencies have the numbers to back up these algorithms or whatever but I just donā€™t like it. But Steam thankfully didnā€™t venture all the way down the path and has been putting power back in the users hands to see what they want. I donā€™t mind a recommendation or two but I prefer filters like release dates, alphabetical, best selling, price ranges, user ratings, genres, etc etc etc.

1 Like

schlitty You wonā€™t see curators and their recommendations if you havenā€™t followed them. I had a problem where I followed a crapton of curators and literally every game on Steam was recommended for me haha
Also, I believe they wonā€™t touch the filters there are now. I use them a lot, especially on the ā€œexploreā€ tab. If they touch that, Iā€™ll kill somebody.

2 Likes

I like the queue. I mean usually it is garbage, but Iā€™ve found one or two awesome games that way.

2 Likes

ShiftySatchmo said in Steam Store might be getting some gigantic UI changes!:

I like the queue. I mean usually it is garbage, but Iā€™ve found one or two awesome games that way.

Yeah. I found a few good games as well. I donā€™t want it to be removed or changed!

1 Like