Streaming / Recording

I was just wondering what the go to programs are these days for recording gameplay? I haven’t done it since the early days of FRAPS where it just took 24screenshots a second or something and you had to make it a video after the fact. I know MeFFFlenn always has some good DiRT Rally vids to share. Then while I’m at it, figured I’d ask about streaming programs too. Just any tips or tricks or suggestions in general. Just curious about all of it.

OBS, Mirillis Action, Shadow play (if you have nvidia), and even plays.TV.

Try them all out and see what’s best for you. Action is the only one on that list that costs money, but it’s only like 30 bucks and super easy to use. I use it for recording and streaming.

3 Likes

schlitty said in /404:

I was just wondering what the go to programs are these days for recording gameplay? I haven’t done it since the early days of FRAPS where it just took 24screenshots a second or something and you had to make it a video after the fact. I know MeFFFlenn always has some good DiRT Rally vids to share. Then while I’m at it, figured I’d ask about streaming programs too. Just any tips or tricks or suggestions in general. Just curious about all of it.

Fraps records proper video now. I’m not sure about streaming though.

I’m using XSplit since OBS crashed too many times for me. Works fine but I would only recommend it if you have issues with OBS since it costs if you want to record with it in good quality.

I never got OBS to work right for me, followed all the video’s but half the stuff the video’s said to do were not even there.

Sir_diealot said in Streaming / Recording:

I never got OBS to work right for me, followed all the video’s but half the stuff the video’s said to do were not even there.

Same here. Recording no problem but streaming. My stream is laggy and stuttering. :frowning:

1 Like

schlitty I use Nvidia Shadowplay :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m using OBS for streaming, Fraps for recording. Although people can watch me play on Steam.

Nvidia Shadowplay is easy to use and perfect. I use it to upload gameplay videos to YT, but great to record the last multikill on Overwatch as well :smiley:

To me, Shadow Play is one of the best recording programs for games. Not only it’s lightweight, it’s super easy to use and the quality of the videos are superb with that file size.

People always recommend OBS for streaming, but I don’t know much about it!

Started playing around with OBS Studio last night, I got a R9 380 so no Shadowplay. We shall see how it goes! Thanks for all the recommendations and tips folks. :thumbsup: