sYnCroSis *** September Gaming Challenge

shiftysatchmo Everspace is something entirely different, even I do some run on easy to collect credits, because the start is awful :smiley:

buttstallion The problem with Everspace sometimes is that it can get ā€œemptyā€ if you are playing it on normal or even hard. There are more enemies to destroy on easy difficulty. I thought killing other jerks is what the game is about :confused:

katsuo wrong, itā€™s about exploration, finding new planets and creatures, naming them, and never seeing them agaaaaiinnn! Waitā€¦what?

2 Likes

syncrosis Did you justā€¦described No Manā€™s Sky? XD

4 Likes

katsuo it being empty has nothing to do with the difficulty level, itā€™s the threat level. ButtStallion you earn fewer credits on easy XD Easy mode is easier, itā€™s not different from other games. Using easy mode to get credits means you think itā€™s too hard to level up on normal or hard :wink:

ShiftySatchmo Well please explain then why are enemies appearing in much larger group when I get into a new area when I put the game on easy difficulty? And yes, the threat level is usually low. And 25% less credits ainā€™t that much of a loss if you barely get credits anyway. On top of thatā€¦Hard difficulty is literally the same as easy. Maybe, you get your shield depleted faster and thatā€™s about it.

katsuo itā€™s procedurally generated so any area can have more enemies on any mode. It says a whole list of what makes easy mode easier, and itā€™s not just damage. Enemy types and such too :kiss:

Itā€™s ok, you can defend and justify playing on easy all you want. You just canā€™t make fun of teh_g now, which sucks because itā€™s a lot of fun.

Whoops, we took over joshes topic hehehe. In conclusion: Iā€™m just joking for fun and I donā€™t care how people play games as long as they think itā€™s fun! Weeeeeeeeeee

syncrosis said in sYnCroSis *** September Gaming Challenge:

Just finished Bioshock Infinite for the 2nd time.

Honestly, I know itā€™s a good game, but itā€™s not my favoriteā€¦ I think itā€™s my least favorite of the series. I love Rapture and the way 1 and 2 came together. Truthfully, Iā€™m the outlier outside of Katsuo in that I like Part 2 the most.

Iā€™ll state basic positives before what issues I had. Songbird is cool, the skyline is cool, beautiful graphics, solid voice acting, and a cool story (although it felt like it jumped around a bit).

ā€¦Infinite, seemed to last infinitely longā€¦ it was like Peter Jackson made the game. It didnā€™t have to be 12-14 hours longā€¦ would have been fine at 8 or 9. It just didnā€™t want to end and all the dragging out made it painful and one of those ā€œI just need to frickin grind it out and finish this gameā€ type of experiences. Also, I was bored with Columbia. It got repetitive, whereas Rapture seems to have a ton of mystery and is intriguing. Lastly, the weapons and powers in Infinite seem like an afterthought. Thereā€™s a machine gun, repeater, and burst gun, all look identical but have a different rate of fireā€¦ REALLY?! Iā€™m going to give it a 7/10.

NOW, that being said, ShiftySatchmo bought me the DLCā€™s and Iā€™ve played through all of the Bioshockā€™s to get back in the swing and fully enjoy the DLCā€™s. I will say off the bat, 20 minutes into Burial at Sea: Episode 1, I already know itā€™s much better than Infinite. Seeing Rapture prior to the collapse is awesome, and it has a great noir feel to it. Really excited to play through it.

Soā€¦ Does this mean I can start finishing games again?

As for the Bioshock debate I would say the first one is my favourite, then Bioshock 2 followed by Infinite. I havenā€™t played the Infinite DLC but Iā€™m putting Bioshock 2 slightly ahead of Infinite because of the Minervaā€™s Den DLC. Some of the best DLC out there.

mylifeforaiur play the DLC damn it.

1 Like

shiftysatchmo I was about to say I donā€™t own them. Before posting that though I decided to check and make sure. Turns out I do own them so I guess I have no excuse.

1 Like

mylifeforaiur said in sYnCroSis *** September Gaming Challenge:

shiftysatchmo I was about to say I donā€™t own them. Before posting that though I decided to check and make sure. Turns out I do own them so I guess I have no excuse.

Donā€™t forget Minervaā€™s Den for Bioshock 2 (itā€™s longer than your typical dlc too).