Technical issues with web site ...

What on earth is this? This is how web site looks to me now … logged in today … from Chrome on desktop …

mark2k77 try Ctrl+f5

Same here.

Someone else had that too. Try resetting your preferences and saving.

Also does ff do it? I’m on chrome on my phone and it’s fine. FF desktop at home is fine too.

gord0 Both desktop FF and Chrome.

Maybe if you give teh_g a one time payment of $250 he will give you new features, like forums that don’t look broken. Cutting edge stuff!

artem said in Technical issues with web site ...:

gord0 Both desktop FF and Chrome.

Change your theme and save. Then change back and save.

shiftysatchmo You should send your CV to EA.

gord0 Didn’t help.

Change your page skin, I had this same issue and it was that! teh_g helped me to fix it.

Hi everyone!

I just saw this today too, and since I could reproduce it, went to file a nice bug report with the folks at NodeBB. LUCKILY, it was already reported and a fix is being worked on.

Unfortunately the issue is due to how the theme (the main view on the site) is using Bootswatch skins (the colors of the page). Since everyone had wildly different opinions on what color they wanted (some like their eye bleach, some want to live in cold darkness, others wanted to be super heroes or something) I never used a theme that disabled those choices.

There are a few ways to workaround this for now:

• Each user can manually go to their settings page and find a Bootswatch theme that works properly
  • I can globally disable skins to fix this for everyone for now. This will revert us to an all white theme (sorry gord0)
  • I can try and find another theme that has less bleach white color (Maybe a dark one) and work from there

Edit: I think all of them are broken. Selecting “no-skin” works for me.

teh_g No skin, Paper and Readable themes work fine, but my eyes hurt.

I just switched to another theme that has two built in skin options (dark and light). They can be swapped in your settings page.

Thoughts on this theme? I think the only thing missing is widget support for different views. I also am not a huge fan of the layout for the main page.

teh_g said in Technical issues with web site ...:

I just switched to another theme that has two built in skin options (dark and light). They can be swapped in your settings page.

Thoughts on this theme? I think the only thing missing is widget support for different views. I also am not a huge fan of the layout for the main page.

Okish in threads. Main page looks derpy:

It would seem my laptop is still function with the old theme : ]

gord0 Browsers pretty aggressively cache these pages since a lot of it is client side Javascript with a websocket to update the content on the page.

I fixed it.

7 Likes

teh_g Yay the Superhero theme works again!

teh_g all good for me now

1 Like