thanks!

LetsGetIt1220 and ButtStallion have been wicked generous and given me games. Now I get to play through Superhot and DOOM.

I started Superhot last night, it is definitely weird. Looking forward to trying out DOOM too!

teh_g Enjoy man!

1 Like

I hope you’ll enjoy both. Well I did. :smiley:

1 Like

LetsGetIt1220 said in thanks!:

teh_g Enjoy man!

I’ll never have time to play since I just got back into FF XIV. Time to tell my wife I won’t see her for a while :smiley:

3 Likes

teh_g I just became a Crafting Mentor on the Lamia Server lol

Gorkie said in thanks!:

teh_g I just became a Crafting Mentor on the Lamia Server lol

Jeese. I just learned about PotD and am running that to get my archer up, then I will be a bard.

teh_g You don’t gain experience in PotD (you gain only a small amount when you enter PoTD). You’ll get xp only in the dungeon so you can progress further to get the rewards at dungeon level 40 and beyond. When you complete the dungeon, you’ll get some kind of credit or something (I forgot the name of it) so you can exchange that to get a new gear or weapon that you can use anywhere.

So basically, PotD xp != class xp. I don’t recommend going in PotD before level 50. Most items you’re able to purchase are for level 50s and beyond.

If you need sauce, here it is:

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Palace_of_the_Dead

Katsuo said in thanks!:

teh_g You don’t gain experience in PotD (you gain only a small amount when you enter PoTD). You’ll get xp only in the dungeon so you can progress further to get the rewards at dungeon level 40 and beyond. When you complete the dungeon, you’ll get some kind of credit or something (I forgot the name of it) so you can exchange that to get a new gear or weapon that you can use anywhere.

So basically, PotD xp != class xp. I don’t recommend going in PotD before level 50. Most items you’re able to purchase are for level 50s and beyond.

If you need sauce, here it is:

Palace of the Dead - Gamer Escape's Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV, FF14) wiki

You get XP when you finish the boss every ten floors in PotD. I did the 30th floor last night and got 100k XP at level 28 on my archer. I do get some bags periodically, but they seem to only contain level one items for glamour.

teh_g I didn’t get a thing when I finished lvl 40 :confused:

teh_g I know I wanted to switch from the dragoon to archer and I played PotD with the archer until dungeon lvl 40. When I finished it, I got no xp. Only the credit to buy the gear.

Katsuo I do POTD all the time from lower levels up… I have finished all of the patchs and all and have been leveling my classes through POTD. Your xp goes up more the higher your level.

Gorkie But I didn’t get anything. And I was a 40+ dragoon trying to level up an archer. Did the PotD got some kind of patch or something lately? I was pretty much pissed off that I finished the first 40 levels of the dungeon and got nothing but some shitty coins for gear.

Katsuo Nope, Palace of the Dead has been the same way sense I first started back in Nov. I have leveled Gladiator & Archanist through there.

Gorkie Why is it not working for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Katsuo Because it doesnt like you? Or maybe because you touch your self at night… who knows thats wierd though

Gorkie I don’t know, man. Not only I don’t touch myself anymore, I’m also an asshole. I’m even more pissed off right now. I was leveling the dragoon and archer like an idiot because I was thinking that the leveling thing in PotD was either bugged or useless.

Katsuo said in thanks!:

Gorkie I don’t know, man. Not only I don’t touch myself anymore, I’m also an asshole. I’m even more pissed off right now. I was leveling the dragoon and archer like an idiot because I was thinking that the leveling thing in PotD was either bugged or useless.

topkek