The Count Down begins.

The Count Down Begins… 21 days till order parts… (Thanks to Ub6 & Sgt_T8ie) I have decided to wait on buying the graphics card… Instead, in accordance with research I have decided to use all the money on the following parts. If this new setup is not good enough to run the RX 480 8gb at Ultra/High settings on the games I like to play… then in a few years maybe ill upgrade to a i7 6700 lol

Intel I5 - 6500
ASUS H110M-E / M.2
Crucial Ballistix 16gb ddr4 2400 2x8gb sticks.

Gorkie That’s a nice base to build on! The RX 480 will thrive on that!

Making sure you realized these next points before you continue and had factored them into your choice:

Only 2 RAM slots, but 16GB should be more than ample for ages, I hope so seeing as that’s what I’m limited to on DDR3 ITX.

That motherboard only supports 2133MHz RAM so you won’t get the full speed out of them, but it should simply downclock to the right speed to work.

1 Like

Sgt_T8ie Yep, I tried finding 2133 of these sticks with this company but I couldnt find it on jet.com and Someone told me it would just downclock the ram to 2133…

1 Like

Gorkie said in The Count Down begins.:

Sgt_T8ie Yep, I tried finding 2133 of these sticks with this company but I couldnt find it on jet.com and Someone told me it would just downclock the ram to 2133…

Awesome - I use Crucial Ballistix RAM & love them.

1 Like

Sgt_T8ie The company came highly recomended and after seeing there facebook page and how many 1tb SSD they been giving away I was like … now thats a healthy company to spend money with.

1 Like

Sgt_T8ie After we talked about this, I did some research I changed the motherboard and ram… only changed the ram cause it was 20 dollars more for the 2x4gb sticks of Crucial then I could afford with the Asrock H170M Pro4 (Supports 2133 unfortantly) This will allow me to get 2 more sticks in December and still have 16gb of ddr4. Will probally Grab HyperFury X cause its cheapest from the 2x4gb ddr4 2400 line and according to the H170 it can overclock the ram using that brand of ram so I should be able to get the full 2400 hopefully.

1 Like

What price did you end up getting? I’m thinking by year’s end (Or tax season) I’m going to upgrade my cpu+mobo and wait to upgrade my GPU til later. I was strongly considering the i5 6500.

tat2teel Around 309 give or take… but I have bee redoing figures all day cause I have less then 3 weeks to make sure im good… nearly falling in love with a I5 4690k (Devils Canyon) and the Asrock Z97 Anniversary (I have all the parts i need for my liquid cooler for this) as well.

I5 4690 + Asrock Z97 Anniversary for $279 where as its ddr3 I already have the ram.

1 Like