The Lady of the Lake (The Witcher) Paperback – March 14, 2017

The Lady of the Lake the next book and the last of The Witcher novels releases next month March 14, 2017 I can’t wait to read it, the last book in the series Tower of Swallows was so good and had such an exciting ending that I am still stoked from reading it. I am going to pull it out and reread the last two chapters in it just as a refresher course before The Lady of the Lake releases.

By the way there are other Witcher books, this is just the last in the saga and as I understand it the other books that have not been released in English yet are stand alone books. Is that correct PeaceLeon ?

0_1486826458544_51yy4jOoSPL.SX331_BO1,204,203,200.jpg

Sir_diealot With ‘The Lady of the Lake’ the ‘The Witcher’ main story is complete. The other four books ‘Season of Storms’, ‘The Last Wish’, ‘Sword of Destiny’ and ‘Something ends, Something begins’ are related but not included in the main story. If you want to read all the books the best chronological order would be:
‘Season of Storms’
‘The Last Wish’
‘Sword of Destiny’
‘Blood of Elves’
‘Time of Contempt’
‘Baptism of Fire’
‘The Swallow’s Tower’
‘Lady of the Lake’
‘Something ends, Something begins’

3 Likes

Some of the books had some great fan translations done too.

PeaceLeon said in The Lady of the Lake (The Witcher) Paperback – March 14, 2017:

Sir_diealot With ‘The Lady of the Lake’ the ‘The Witcher’ main story is complete. The other four books ‘Season of Storms’, ‘The Last Wish’, ‘Sword of Destiny’ and ‘Something ends, Something begins’ are related but not included in the main story. If you want to read all the books the best chronological order would be:
‘Season of Storms’
‘The Last Wish’
‘Sword of Destiny’
‘Blood of Elves’
‘Time of Contempt’
‘Baptism of Fire’
‘The Swallow’s Tower’
‘Lady of the Lake’
‘Something ends, Something begins’

Okay that is basically what I was getting at, that they were not a part of the series or maybe saga would be a better way to put it.

teh_g said in The Lady of the Lake (The Witcher) Paperback – March 14, 2017:

I guess I am old, I like to hold the paper in my hands when I read.

2 Likes

Sir_diealot said in The Lady of the Lake (The Witcher) Paperback – March 14, 2017:

Me too! Hate reading a novel on a tablet or monitor or phone. Paperback for life! And I don’t consider myself old haha

2 Likes

ShiftySatchmo said in The Lady of the Lake (The Witcher) Paperback – March 14, 2017:

Sir_diealot said in The Lady of the Lake (The Witcher) Paperback – March 14, 2017:

Me too! Hate reading a novel on a tablet or monitor or phone. Paperback for life! And I don’t consider myself old haha

I am not the only one! lol

1 Like

Sir_diealot I like to hold the paper in my hands too, but since I have to travel a lot from work I really start to liking my kindle more and more. It is also really great that you can just get a new book (the next one of a series) when you done with the last one, as long as you have a internet connection which is nowadays nearly everywhere. But still when I’m home I like to have a real book in my hands.

2 Likes

I can understand that but still just don’t like reading books except the old fashioned way. I bought
The Malady and Other Stories: An Andrzej Sapkowski Sampler Kindle Edition and tried to read it sitting at the computer and just did not enjoy reading a book that way.

The convenience of an ebook is so nice though. I do like a real book, but for travel and such, the ereader is so much more convenient.

1 Like

teh_g Oh I fully understand, when I went to Oklahoma I brought 4 large books and some magazines and they got quite heavy. I don’t even like to read hardcover books but that is because of a bone spur in my left hand that the edge of a hardcover book digs into.

The convenience of an ebook is so nice though. I do like a real book, but for travel and such, the ereader is so much more convenient.

I don’t read enough for that to be an issue. Also, books don’t need batteries weeeeee

1 Like

I prefer real books over e books. I have a kindle fire that my son gave me, (not as a special gift, he just upgraded and gave me his old one) and I have never even booted it up. I just can’t get into swiping or however you’d do it, over turning real pages. I like paperbacks to read, but I like the look of hardbacks better when they are on my shelf. I take the paper covers off hardbacks and I think they look very classy on the bookshelf.

1 Like

Polekatt Oh I own some nice looking hard cover books, but they are some that were signed by the author so they are just collected and not read, I buy the soft cover of the same book and read that.

1 Like

Polekatt Like I said I like real book more than reading a eBook but please do not compare kindle fire worth kindle paperwhite or how the new one is called.

1 Like