The Last Guardian Review Dump

Katsuo pfff who reads them haha

Katsuo Digital trends gave it 4/10. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?! XD
Who cares about camera angles and controls. If the story is good and interesting, then it’s a good gameeeeeeeee.

ShiftySatchmo And I replied to myselfffff

1 Like

Katsuo said in The Last Guardian Review Dump:

Katsuo Digital trends gave it 4/10. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?! XD
Who cares about camera angles and controls. If the story is good and interesting, then it’s a good gameeeeeeeee.

Eh it’s all subjective. Some people will probably like the controls and camera. I care about the puzzles and the story. Also, these games usually have awesome soundtracks.

ShiftySatchmo I watched an hour of gameplay when PewDiePie was streaming it. From the looks of it, TLG looks great. The puzzles are a bit too easy but I guess that’s the tutorial thingy so it had to be easy. Hopefully it will be a bit more challenging later on. And the camera/controls looked also good. Not sure why the hell are they complaining xD

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo I watched an hour of gameplay when PewDiePie was streaming it. From the looks of it, TLG looks great. The puzzles are a bit too easy but I guess that’s the tutorial thingy so it had to be easy. Hopefully it will be a bit more challenging later on. And the camera/controls looked also good. Not sure why the hell are they complaining xD

I’ll see how it is soon! I am ready for the tears…or maybe I’m not ready

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo said in The Last Guardian Review Dump:

I hope it sucks so you can swap it with FF15 \o/

1 Like

I would play this until the end even it were the worst game of all time.

1 Like

I would play this until the end even it were the worst game of all time.

Fanboy!

1 Like

Katsuo haha the fact that they were able to get the coding done the way they envisioned to have Trico behave like a real animal is amazing on its own.

1 Like

ShiftySatchmo I hope Trico won’t be dumb as a wheel because of that. XD

Reviews are meaningless these days. At least this title runs at 1080x60 on pro!

It would seem there’s more to be patched besides performance:

At least there’s 152 games to come before it on my list. That should be ample time for patches lol!

gord0 Is it even possible to patch that AI? XD

Probably easier than performance fixes. The key to AI is not making it smart, it’s making it not dumb. : ]

1 Like

gord0 said in The Last Guardian Review Dump:

Probably easier than performance fixes. The key to AI is not making it smart, it’s making it not dumb. : ]

Well if they could do that, they would’ve done that in the first place so it’s kinda safe to say that the AI patching will never happen haha XD
I personally think that the devs put the “loading screen” into the AI and that’s why it’s takes so long for the dog feather bird chicken thing to realize that he can do stuff! XD

Also another theory might be that the devs are dumb so in their eyes it might be that the AI in the game is actually smart. :open_mouth:

Well if they could do that, they would’ve done that in the first place so it’s kinda safe to say that the AI patching will never happen haha XD
I personally think that the devs put the “loading screen” into the AI and that’s why it’s takes so long for the dog feather bird chicken thing to realize that he can do stuff! XD

Also another theory might be that the devs are dumb so in their eyes it might be that the AI in the game is actually smart. :open_mouth:

The game has been in production too long. Too many cooks in the kitchen. However, I still bet it will be patched before we get 1080p60.

The game has been in production too long. Too many cooks in the kitchen. However, I still bet it will be patched before we get 1080p60.

Aren’t you the optimistic one with the 60 fps thing XD
I personally think they’ll just address the performance issue and that’s all. Dumb AI will stay dumb and the 30 fps will stay 30.

THREAD RESURRECTION! Well I finally got to this game. With my ps4 pro, I get a solid…30fps. You need a pro for mostly solid 30fps. I give the controls a fuckey out of 10. The camera apparently was patched a few times before I started, but I still give it a derp+…could be derpier.

Normally at this point I’d be getting a refund…but the game itself is just weird enough to get me curious enough to see more. I hope it’s short.

I can’t recommend it to anyone unless you get it for free. Or the re-master on ps5. No recommendation at all if you have a base ps4.

Will post more later.

gord0 it is short and gets aaaaa loooooot better about 50-75% through. The last bit makes it all worthwhile.

1 Like