The Last Of Us Remastered

katsuo said in The Last Of Us Remastered:

shiftysatchmo box me want

Could just get a code to play… then order an empty box later.

gord0 said in The Last Of Us Remastered:

shiftysatchmo box me want

Could just get a code to play… then order an empty box later.

I want the disc in the box too XD

katsuo print a label on a blank disk! You can get the code for $17.99 USD

shiftysatchmo :angry:

1 Like

Just beat it! Fucking good game! Going to start the Left Behind dlc tomorrow!

2 Likes

This game is one of the very few reasons I am interested in a console. If it would come to PC I would love it. I have loved post apocalyptic movies since I was a kid and love a lot of the games as well. The movie that got me started in the genre.

I also liked Vincent Price’s version The Last Man on Earth

I did not like Will Smith’s version though.

Well this game is definitely the only game that contains zombies to be done right since Half-Life 2.

gord0 They are not zombies tho hhihihi

Neither are the ones in Half-Life 2.

1 Like

Exactly. Infectedddd.

Also btw, is the DLC something like story continuation or it’s just some horde mode nonsense? I’m too lazy to google it \o/

Exactly. Infectedddd.

Also btw, is the DLC something like story continuation or it’s just some horde mode nonsense? I’m too lazy to google it \o/

Technically there are 3 dlcs. Two of them are mp junk, and Left Behind is story. I haven’t played it yet though.

1 Like

katsuo left behind is a prequel (but it’s full of spoilerssss so play it after the base game)

2 Likes

shiftysatchmo said in The Last Of Us Remastered:

katsuo left behind is a prequel (but it’s full of spoilerssss so play it after the base game)

Indeed, just started playing. So far it’s filling in two time periods not covered in the base game. What Ellie was doing before the beginning of the base game and what Ellie was doing when Joel had that --spoiler-- and Ellie had to --spoiler-- him.

Just beat it! Solid piece of content! This game is definately ps4 starter kit material!

3 Likes

I actually knew almost nothing about this game before the show came out somehow. So I got to watch the show “blind”. Which was probably the only time I’ll ever be able to do that with a game-turned-live-action-show/movie scenario. Show was plenty entertaining. But figured I should finally play the game now that the season ended.

Not super thrilled about it being stealth focused so dunno if I’ll make it to the end but it’s fun so far. Tess in the game was way more badass and had a better exit. But other than that I’m giving the edge to the show so far. I’m right there at the end of “episode 2” though. So plenty of time for the game to win me over…

…If I don’t wimp out because I suck at stealth games.

1 Like

If I recall correctly, once you can make fire based weapons you can ditch stealth quite a bit. But the disclaimer is I played the original one like a decade ago or something. Whenever it came out

1 Like

Just like Andrew said, after you get the upgrades on the weapons, you can pretty much play the game like it’s call of duty. I haven’t watched the show but the game has a fantastic story and it’s definitely worth to play it until the end.

2 Likes

Beat it. Had a real hard time getting into it to start. Growing pains with the gameplay style and the show did nearly everything in the first half of the story better (except Tess). But by the end, even though I knew everything that was going to happen, I was completely swept back up in the story. Especially the final hospital crawl. I really really wish I woulda played it when it came out, original or remaster. Didn’t think I would be saying that at first. But, the show will definitely more than do. I do think it was better, even if it’s just the bias of experiencing it first.

2 Likes

I thought the David stuff was better in the game.

1 Like