The Wheel of Time series by Amazon Studios

I said years ago this will be the next Game of Thrones. I read the books (last 2-3 books missiong), there are a lot of them but by far this is my favourite fantasy series. Finally something I know something before becoming popular :smiley:

1 Like

This will be interesting. Iā€™m glad Amazon is picking it up. They generally put more effort into things instead of just scrapping them if they arenā€™t immediately a hit.

2 Likes

Wow, really? I just got goosebumps :smiley: This should be fun :smiley: I do have the complete set, just a bit tattered looking hehe :smiley:

1 Like

Does that mean Iā€™ll have to subscribe to Amazon Prime? Damn it.

This will be very intriguing. I have the whole set as well, in varying states of destruction. Iā€™ve been trying to get the entire run in Hardcover as a collection & ran out of steam about #6.

Not sure how well itā€™ll transfer to a series, but at least soemoneā€™s giving it a go & the entire storyline is in place.

And then I read the quotes & then this article & hope dwindles:

I really hope that the premise is not actually the one used for the show, as IMO the books work well with the reader associating with all 5 of the Two Rivers characters& not with Moiraine.

Iā€™m about to put on my ā€œWhy you gotta shit on good things?ā€ hat soon.

1 Like

I am pumped.

1 Like

I watched the entire season in 2 days. It was better than I expected and I am a big fan of the books. Of course it was never going to be exactly how i imagined in my head but that is impossible. Moving a bit faster than it should imo, i am sure people who didnt read the books are finding it more confusing and complex than it is. Positively disappointed, i will stay for season 2 and 3, which are already ordered.

I havenā€™t read the books or watched the show. My girlfriend has watched the show but hasnā€™t read the books. She said it was confusing at times, I asked her ā€œconfusing how?ā€. She said it felt like they werenā€™t explaining everything, she enjoyed it though.

1 Like

I am sure it was confusing. In the books there are 20 or 30 pages at the back of the book which is only a dictionary about names, places, wierd expressions, pronunciation etc. The book is full of descriptions about towns, characters, scenery, pages about a manā€™s clothes, sometimes way too long :smiley: Even I felt it confusing sometimes, I read them 10 years ago, even i cant remember everything :smiley:

1 Like

The show was definitely good for a TV version of the book. I was pleased.

2 Likes