The Witcher 3 to Get a Game of the Year Edition

The Witcher 3 to Get a Game of the Year Edition
By Kyle Sledge | 22 hours ago
Video game developer CD Projekt Red officially confirms the forthcoming release of a Game of the Year Edition for its action-RPG The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

Now that the developers at CD Projekt Red have put out Blood and Wine, the last expansion for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, fans have no doubt been questioning as to whether or not the studio would eventually release a compendium of sorts containing all that the open world title has to offer. Thankfully, game director Konrad Tomaszkiewicz recently confirmed The Witcher 3 will be receiving just that in the form of a Game of the Year Edition.

After it was discovered that the German age-ratings board USK listed an entry for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Game of the Year Edition for PC, PS4 and Xbox One, Tomaszkiewicz spoke to the press outlet Eurogamer on the matter to officially corroborate its existence. For those interested, the statement from the title’s director can be found in full below.

“The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was a gigantic effort for the entire studio, and both the team and me were amazed by the good reception of Geralt’s adventures. Since launch, we’ve released two expansions, Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine, which added a lot of new adventures to the already potent mix.

“With all the free DLC and updates the game received so far, including significant changes to the game’s interface and mechanics, many gamers have asked us if we’re working on some sort of a Game of the Year Edition. I’m happy to confirm – yes, plans are in motion to release such an edition. We’ll release more details, including the release date, in the future. In the meantime, I’d like to thank every fan of the game for their support – you’re really amazing!”

witcher-3-game-of-the-year-edition-wolves

Although CD Projekt Red didn’t state exactly when the Game of the Year version would drop for the action-RPG, one source close to Eurogamer has claimed that it will be released on August 26, 2016. Not to mention, since Tomaszkiewicz didn’t offer up specific details as to what The Witcher 3‘s GotY would contain, one can only be left to speculate that the special edition will provide players with every bit of content released for the title thus far, especially since the game director mentioned all of the materials in his statement above.

Whatever the case may be when it comes to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Game of the Year Edition‘s offerings, it’s safe to say that upon the collection’s release, fans will help add to CD Projekt Red’s already whopping revenue made during its last financial quarter thanks to the title. After all, considering the heaping helpings of praise the base game itself received upon its release last year from fans and reviewers alike, the prospect of being able to purchase all of the open world title’s critically acclaimed offerings in one fell swoop should definitely be enticing to those who have yet to experience what is easily one of the top 10 best video games of 2015.

Are you excited about the release of CD Projekt Red’s The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Game of the Year Edition? Have you been waiting until the studio’s announcement of the compendium to buy the title? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is out now and is available for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One

http://gamerant.com/witcher-3-game-of-the-year-edition/

This game is absolutely fantastic.

1 Like

teh_g said in The Witcher 3 to Get a Game of the Year Edition:

This game is absolutely fantastic.

The entire series is! A friend from the Facebook group I run worked on me for close to a year to try the first one and man am I ever glad I did. It was my first RPG (I did try Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning but it was to advanced for me at the time. I do want to go back to it though.) so it frustrated me quite a bit at first as I had no clue what I was doing, but once I caught on I fell in love with the series. Best gaming series I have ever played bar none! The books are fantastic.

I was hoping for something like this. I love the Witcher series. I have not actually played Witcher 3 yet, and was hoping something like this would come along. My current plan is to buy it around the end of the year, after I have upgraded my GPU, so I can play this one on really high graphics settings smoothly.

1 Like

Polekatt said in The Witcher 3 to Get a Game of the Year Edition:

I was hoping for something like this. I love the Witcher series. I have not actually played Witcher 3 yet, and was hoping something like this would come along. My current plan is to buy it around the end of the year, after I have upgraded my GPU, so I can play this one on really high graphics settings smoothly.

Have you played the first two? Well worth it if you have not. The books are every bit as good as the game and I would have to even say better than the games.

1 Like

Without any question…Best and my most fav rpg game of all time

1 Like

Sir_diealot said in The Witcher 3 to Get a Game of the Year Edition:

Have you played the first two? Well worth it if you have not. The books are every bit as good as the game and I would have to even say better than the games.

yes, I have played both 1 and 2, and read some of the books, and totally agree with you!

1 Like

DANTE said in The Witcher 3 to Get a Game of the Year Edition:

Without any question…Best and my most fav rpg game of all time

Mine too!

Sir_diealot said in The Witcher 3 to Get a Game of the Year Edition:

yes, I have played both 1 and 2, and read some of the books, and totally agree with you!

A man with taste.

2 Likes