Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Grease and CM MasterLiquid 120 with Dual Chamber Pump.

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Grease Paste anyone used it? If so how is it? Worth using over MX4?

Also has anyone used the MasterLiquid 120 All-in-one CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump by Cooler Master? Two items im looking at buying here to replace my Seidon 120v and Mx4 with if they are worth it.

I tried to get Grizzly Kryonaut but it’s unavailable here. In tests and reviews it’s one of the best non-liquid metal thermal past on the market. I’m using Coollaboratory Liquid Metal though.

Artem_Zmitrovich So which is better for a FX 8320? Liquid metal or non liquid metal I have never used anything but MX 4 and Arctic Silver.

I have heard some good things about it, both from friends and also a guy on the ProClockers website did a review of it and also did a delidding using it last year.

Gorkie If you are not for overclocking, then stick with traditional thermal pastes, MX4 is non-losing variant but you can try something better like Grizzly Kryonaut or Noctua NT-H1. My 4690K is overclocked to 4.6 GHz (3.5 GHz stock) and I use liquid metal, but it’s more expensive and more difficult to install, you cannot use it with aluminum heat sinks, though it is compatible with copper- and nickel-plated ones and because of its high electric connectivity, if a tiny drop falls mistakenly outside its relevant area, it might burn out your motherboard, otherwise this thermal paste is the best performing paste ever.

1 Like

Gorkie said in /404:

Grizzly Kryonaut

Here is the review.

http://proclockers.com/forums/all-about-pro-clockers/everything-else/my-review-thermal-grizzly-kryonaut-high-performance

Artem_Zmitrovich Accually, I have my FX 8320 overclocked to 4.5ghz at like 1.432v and right now it stays around 30-40c at full load while gaming and Multitasking.

Sir_diealot Well I have no plans to Delidd, I couldn’t afford to replace my processor if I screwed it up lol.

1 Like

Artem_Zmitrovich Will look to Grizzly then and stay away from the Liquid Metal I don’t need a mistake happening and burning things out lol.

1 Like

Gorkie Same

Gorkie Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Conductonaut or so called liquid metal is not good if you have Aluminum parts, and it is not recommended for regular use as thermal compound. Application is only on delidded CPU and for Extreme OC … If you think to OC CPU just for show off, liquid metal is not something what you should use or buy, first it is expensive, thus you can damage PC components … To demystify liquid metal simply you need to know that this compound contains Gallium (Ga 31) metal; which will react with most of other metals (Ga is corrosive to all metals except tungsten and tantalum). Because Ga is in liquid state at room temperature and will penetrate the crystal structure, dissolving the Aluminum. (or simply to say Aluminum is soluble in Gallium at the ambient temperature). With time will cause corrosion of copper and copper alloys. So try to avoid playing chemistry and metallurgy with your PC parts …

Corrosion development between liquid Gallium and 4 typical metal substrates used in chip cooling device

4 Likes