Think its worth the hassle to repaste my GPU?

Been contemplating it for a while, just haven’t decided if it is worth the hassle to take it apart for it. Anyone else done it on a 290x or similar and were results worth it?

Only0neKnight have you noticed a large increase in temps?

ShiftySatchmo Cards uncomfortably getting to 94-96c under load, I know its a semi hot card but still don’t like it.

1 Like

Only0neKnight that seems a little high. Are you overclocking?

ShiftySatchmo All stock, only CPU OC’d

1 Like

The fury x is wacky. Under 100% load it maxed at 56C

Only0neKnight hm might be worth it then. That seems pretty high to me.

ShiftySatchmo I just know the 290x is a pretty high heat card, I know its within limits it just doesn’t make me feel safe.

Only0neKnight depends on the model. What do you have? The stock gets to low 90s but a lot of them run at high 70s

ShiftySatchmo shit my 5.0ghz oc on my 8320 doesn’t get over 50c, that’s what had me thinking.

ShiftySatchmo MSI Twin Frozr 290x OC

Only0neKnight said in Think its worth the hassle to repaste my GPU?:

ShiftySatchmo I just know the 290x is a pretty high heat card, I know its within limits it just doesn’t make me feel safe.

Do you feel safer running it in the higher but still normal range or opening it up to repaste when you never have before? Also, check to make sure that doesn’t void the warranty if you have one.

ShiftySatchmo No warranty but I do have semi tech support, for registering the card.

Only0neKnight what did it used to run at?

ShiftySatchmo high 70.s before crimson, seems to have jumped since then.

1 Like

Wow that so much in my bacon master case my card never got over 75C but CPU did reach 90C many time XD

1 Like

ArsonSami I know we shared bacon bro, many times between kf rounds :stuck_out_tongue:

Only0neKnight weird. Have you looked at your clocks to make sure crimson didn’t bug out and change your settings? If everything looks normal try rolling the drivers back to see if it changes. No sense repasting if it is an issue with crimson.

Only0neKnight True … Im glad i replaced my old case by now everything would be toast and no pc XD my audio jack completely burnt down thats how hot it was XD

ShiftySatchmo if I remove crimson and go old, I cant game, so I gotta prob just suck it up and repaste.